Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ineffablespace_gw

bath ? Steel tub

ineffablespace
10 years ago

I have to use an inexpensive steel tub in a small bathroom unless I change the door from 28" to 24" (allowable where I live) and squeeze down the tub--toilet floorspace to near minimum, because no one makes a small alcove tub in anything but enameled steel anymore. American Standard just discontinued its okay enameled steel tub, and now I am pretty much limited to something that would be put in a trailer.

While this bathroom is in a basement and the tub/shower will only get heavy rotation while other house renovations are going on, I don't want it to be cheap feeling. (Long term it's going to be the family powder room and tub used as a utility item mostly)

I would put a cast iron tub in if Kohler still made one this size, though but nobody makes anything that is both small and good quality at the same time anymore. On the other hand I don't want to use Duravit with applied flanges for the alcove and get really expensive and tricky either.

Would it work to use Dynamat for sound attenuation and insulation on the back or would this be pointless.

Comments (4)