Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The time is 3:03!!!!

Posted by momo7 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 15:05

Sorry, you know what time it is. I am anxiously, anxiously waiting to see if we get an occupancy certificate today.
It must be too late, I'm sure it's too late. Is it too late?
It's Friday - that must make it worse. Will we be moving this weekend or not? I know in the greater scheme of things it doesn't matter but...
I just had to share my nerves with somebody. DH is taking a nap, I suspect just to get away from me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The time is 3:03!!!!

Still 2 hours! Sending you positive energy

o

Oh how nerve-wracking. Good luck!

o

Thank you - I will gladly accept your positive energy and good luck.

There's no risk in teaching your kids to cross their eyes, is there? I hope not because it sure is funny.

I need to find something to do.

o

Who knows.
I am waiting also. Furniture delivery tomorrow- hopefully. It has been delayed a few times.

o

Oooh, new firniture, nice. What are you getting?

It felt like Christmas waiting for my appliances. Who knew I would find that so exciting but I guess I've never had a houseful of pretty, new appliances before.

o

Well????

Did you get it?

o

We probably won't know till tomorrow, She Fell ASLEEP!!

Unsigned

o

Bummer.
Our sun room table arrives so kitchen will be finished! Well might have to have electrician adjust light height...
Also a few pieces for our great room area.
Stuck in massive traffic jam, furniture might arrive before we do!

o

Phooey.
No power, no water, no occupancy permit.
Phooey again.
A2gemini - hope you got home before furniture. Kitchen wiil be completely finished, that is exciting. Pictures or at least description, please. To take my mind off of my disappointment.
But we counted down sleeps - we got up this morning saying zero more sleeps.
Phooey one more time.

o

I'll add my phooey to the list. That sucks. I'm sorry. Do you have an ETA for the next go at it?

o

Thanks for the sympathy. We'll try again Monday.

o

Good luck for Monday then. You must have kids if you count sleeps. ;)

o

Bummer!
Hope for Monday for you.
My parents got so mad about the CO that they hooked up an extension cord and "moved". The GC raced to get things set.

PS furniture arrived! All done except for pictures and adjusting the hanging light!

o

I remember those days! I think I aged 10 yrs in the month of getting our temporary occupancy permit so we could move in (and use the kitchen!), and then all the hoops to jump through for getting the permanent one in order to get the finances dealt with. It was the health dept, who kept kicking our request out of the system in error that made us wait twice for that final inspection, once over a 3-day weekend. I feel for you. Hang in there. Once you're in, the memory of the aggravation fades.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here