Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used glass cup pulls?

Posted by kam76 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 15:04

I find them interesting but there are not a whole lot of pictures on line of them installed and I would be interested to hear how they work from someone who actually has them. Do they get finger prints all over them? Do you ever worry about cracking/breaking them when things bump into them? What color did you use? Do the clear ones just "disappear"? I am having white cabinets, so I don't know if the clear ones would look like ghost hardware (perfect for halloween!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone used glass cup pulls?

Those strike me as exceptionally feminine. As in, "this room is not intended to be used by men" feminine. Is that the intent?

o

I am the only one that cooks. Lol. But I don't want the kitchen to appear especially feminine no. They have ones that are smooth too or is it just the fact that they are glass?

These remind me of the crystal door knobs at my grandfathers house which was definitely not a feminine house.

o

Smooth would seem less frilly I think, yes. I get your point about the crystal door knobs - it's certainly possible to do Victorian stuff like that in a gender balanced way, and I probably painted a picture in my head that's bears no resemblance to your kitchen. Are there more masculine elements in the room that would help make a man feel welcome there? I'm guessing there were many in your grandfather's house.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here