Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone heard of Holiday Kitchen cabinets ?

Posted by flanags (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 14:46

Our builder has referred us to a Kitchen Designer that he likes to use. upon calling to make an appointment I asked which cabinet brands does he prefer to use and he stated that he installs mostly Holiday cabinets by Holiday kitchens. I couldn't find much information regarding reviews / quality etc. on the Internet. Anyone have any experience with Holiday cabinets ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone heard of Holiday Kitchen cabinets ?

We recently remodeled using Holiday and have been pleased. They produce something I'd call just a shade under high-end custom cabinetry. They delivered on time. The cabinet quality appears excellent. Really fine finish work, I thought. They are by no means inexpensive. (We are still reeling from the shock but YMMV depending on what you've budgeted.)

Our designer and contractor use only Holiday, Custom Cupboards, or Jay Rambo, which is pricer still. Maybe that will give you a feel for where they fall in the hierarchy of cabinetry. There is more here in old threads regarding Holiday if you search diligently. I cannot recall seeing any complaints.

o

And to prove myself a liar, I provide the thread below. I don't recognize the poster as a regular here, but others might.

Our work was done in May, and I will have to honestly say our experience w/Holiday was a polar opposite to this. That said, we had an outstanding contractor. Maybe he smoothed things.

Here is a link that might be useful: Unhappy Holiday customer

o

My neighbor has them and has been very happy. We almost used the same KD and were also going to get Holiday but went with a different contractor who used different lines. I think they are good cabinets.

o

Well I'm not sure I would place any stock in that linked post. I tried to see on the company's website if it might be a different Holiday Cabinets they sell, maybe check out the logo. The only website I saw was one of those discount places that advertises a 10x10 kitchen for $xxx, and has set door style/color combos to pick from. No mention of other companies. Plus that user registered that day, and hasn't even responded back to the post. Not sure if the company name was accidentally typed (easy enough), or if that post is bogus.

But I'm not familiar with those cabinets. One of the places I considered carried them, but it was the one where the guy I was working with left before he even gave me a ballpark quote, so by the time I got a reply I had picked a different company.

o

Thank you all ! I looked at the cabinets today and they appear to be really nice - look and feel wise. Right now we are getting a quote with them- I think with almost everything it will come down to the cost. It's such a big part of our budget so we want to get it right.

o

If it helps you any, here's a shot of ours. All cabs were from Holiday's Estate line or Traditional line. I think the perimeter was Estate. All maple. Doors and drawers are their "Lancaster" style.

The island is in an Empire finish with Onyx glaze. The perimeter is Holiday's oft-used Nantucket finish, which is a deep cream with just a hint of pink in certain lights. Ignore the lemony backsplash. A weird a camera flash problem, something to do with the under-counter LED lights.

Yes, I think that grumbly poster had a score to settle. I'm always suspicious when they never turn up again.

o

Your kitchen is beautiful. I'm still waiting on a quote but seeing your kitchen is making me feel quite a bit better :)

o

Your kitchen is beautiful. I'm still waiting on a quote but seeing your kitchen is making me feel quite a bit better :)

o

I thought to use them until reading about them here on GW. Thru lots of research I decided on a different route, which I am glad for in the end.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1111334512102.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0222280121952.html

scroll down on the second link.

o

I am brand new to Garden Web but thought the time was right since we are about to embark on an extensive redo of our 1925 house. I met with a recommended KD yesterday who sells the Holiday line. She has worked with many kitchen companies through the years and has had her own design company for 6 years. She really likes the quality of the line and the various options available for the cabinet boxes. I like that they are American made (in Wisconsin).
I am amazed at how many companies there are out there. Still have more research to do.

o

They are made in Rice Lake, Wisconsin. I considered them strongly before going custom. I thought their finishes were gorgeous... the stained finishes had such depth.

o

I continue to have a very bad experience with this company more than a year after the installation of my Holiday Kitchen cabinets. Their quality control is inferior or perhaps nonexistent: The initial installation started going bad after about 2 months: cabinets started to shrink, fade and/or crack. In some cases, the replacements arrived cracked or with mismatched color or even the wrong size, and we had to start the months-long cycle all over again. The executive at their headquarters in Wisconsin, Marty Branham, repeatedly made unfulfilled promises; that was before he stopped communicating entirely. Not sure what I am supposed to do now, except just live with my mistake in choosing Holiday Kitchens. Don't buy their products unless you want a part-time job trying to make things right, lots of frustration, and disappointment in a company that will happily take a lot of your money then ignore their own failures.

o

Not familiar

This post was edited by lennybean on Tue, May 20, 14 at 15:05

o

I might be to late for this, but I am on my second Holiday Kitchen. We remodeled our last home with Holiday and were so please with them that when we buit a new home 6 years ago we choice Holiday again. They were always so accommodating and our cabinets came in a timely manner and are beautiful. We have a maple stained perimeter and our Island is painted ivory with a light glaze. Our builder thought they were excellent quality and easy to install. The upset poster didn’t even mention Holiday in her post. Maybe she is confused. Besides, if she had a reputable cabinet dealer they should have handled everything whether they were Holiday or not. Holiday can offer you all the bells and whistles. I don’t think you will be disappointed. Let us hear from you if you go ahead with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here