Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
huango

Help break a tie: which sconce? Stool suggestions?

huango
11 years ago

Hola,

Please help break a 3-way tie: which sconce to go with the pendant (over peninsula)?

So I have finally chosen my pendant over my peninsula.

When I saw it in the store, I knew it was it.

Fits many requirements:

- shape

- material (can't be fabric)

- height

- width

- price

I think it looks a little retro.

As for the 3 sconces, I really like the Nisse because the little glass at the bottom mimics the pendant's chrome ring and adds just a little bling to it.

reminder: my layout:

I like the looks of these, but with a small peninsula, I can't put 2 there. It looks weird with just 1.

I need a diffuser or something: hate the glare.

Do not like the glare from the clear glass and do NOT want to be cleaning it all the time.

thank you,

Amanda

yikes: kids off school bus

Comments (18)

• angel411
    11 years ago

I too like the Nisse for the round simple shape. It compliments the pendant instead of competing. Are the materials the same though? In the pic the pendant looks dark gray and the sconces look polished nickel.

Also, I haven't been following your story...where are the sconces going? Between the windows?

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

I also like the Nisse. Very nice, and not the usual we see everywhere, pendant.

• cawaps
    11 years ago

I like Essence best, then Orbit (but I like them both). I don't like Nisse with the pendant, particularly the bevel on the wall plate. It does't seem to fit with the lines of the pendant.

• herbflavor
    11 years ago

Orbit-first choice.

• Fori
    11 years ago

Nisse is the best sconce with the pendant although none are bad with it...but--don't hate me--they all look like they came out of an old midwestern gas station rest room. Definitely retro!

DARFC.

• marthavila
    11 years ago

My vote is for the Nisse.

• jerzeegirl
    11 years ago

Essence - a lot of the features of the Essence sconce are echoed in the pendant.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Nisse is my first choice
    Essence is second.
    Can't wait to see what you decide.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

I like the Essence too.

• phoggie
    11 years ago

Essence

• mjher1
    11 years ago

I choose Essence.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

The thing I don't like about the Essence is the half frosted, half not shade.

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

Essence. It picks up the pendant.

• huango
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, you all are about as helpful as a fork when eating soup. Just kidding. What I mean is, there's about as many votes for Nisse as for Essence, with a few for Orbit.

So I'm going to buy all 3 (checking on their return policies) and will hold them up to the pendant and take pictures and will come back with updates. You never know about how the different finishes/sheen will look in real life...

Now do I start another thread for my help with stools?

What STYLE do you think fits in my space?
    You're not choosing the exact chair, just the relative style. From there I'll center in the actual stool.

DH choose some really modern stool and that got shot down immediately by my real-life panel.

Stools:
    - Must have a small back
    - swivel is nice
    - non-fabric/tufting - think little kids/sticky fingers

My palette:

The Serafina is a splurge/love-to-have-in-ideal-world. Love the detailing, but alas, the brads are a no-go (too many crevices to clean around/out).

breezygirl: "Very nice, and not the usual we see everywhere, pendant."
    Really? Thank you for the reaffirmation! I thought I was off my rockers going with this one.

fori: "they all look like they came out of an old midwestern gas station rest room".
    I have never been inside one of those. Hmmm...doesn't sound like a very good place to get decorating inspirations from...

Seems like I have some time.
    GC used a very hated word: "backordered".

Yup, the familyroom tiles are backordered until the 12th.
    Radiant floor heating will be done by the 2nd, but hutch/mudroom cabinets can't go in until tiles are down.
    Thought the Familyroom would be done before the kitchen, since the site-finished wood flooring has to sit/acclimate w/ the radiant heat before install/stain/seal/coat1/coat2/coat3. THEN cabinets can go in, then marble template, then install countertop, template backsplash, then install backsplash, then appliances.
    Yeah, goal of finishing by Turkey Day blew on by.
    We're looking at December 14th now.
    It's been 7weeks without a kitchen and living out of 1 room (1st floor); what's another 7weeks???

But very exciting: we've chosen the wall colors:
    Matte BM Sweatshirt Gray in 75% pigment (too chicken to go full deep), over Eggshell BM Decorators White.
    Still need to choose color for familyroom!

Thank you very much for your inputs,
    Amanda

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

stools: rocco or montclare

• herbflavor
    11 years ago

Park Ave or animal print swivel with orbit and your pendant-good to go!!

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

I like the Park Ave stool.

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

Sconce - Essence
    Stool - Montclare

Can't wait to see the finished product!