Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Baker's Kitchen

Posted by dragonfly08 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 14:35

Just sharing a video someone sent me of Abby Dodge's kitchen. She is primarily a baker, so her kitchen reflects this. I think there are some great ideas for organization and layout here.
But, I am just dying over her personal "nook" with what I'd call her combination butler-and-baking-pantry.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Baker's Kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Baker's Kitchen

Thank you for sharing that. Really very interesting. I LOVE kitchen eye candy as much as the next person but there is something refreshing about seeing a hard-working kitchen in its "natural state." I have to say, I'm not sold on that crazy sink layout (can you imagine what folks here would say about that if someone brought that layout here for review?), but I love the island baking station with the huge drawers full of all her baking stuff.

o
RE: The Baker's Kitchen

I thought the sinks were weird until she discussed the upsides, and then I could see a bit of advantage with that area in the middle. They are definitely a 1-cook set-up.

I loved the window views, the office/cookbook storage, and the pantry. But what I didn't like, interestingly enough in a 'baker's kitchen,' is how the baking area was so fragmented and spread out. Why have the dry ingredients and measuring cups in the big island, which is not really close to the counter where she mixes her doughs and batters? And the ovens are even farther away, and a longish trip around islands when she's otherwise busy in the kitchen. I'm glad she loves it, and it was fun to see, but not what I'd want. I assume she may have started with limitations and made the best of things.

Thanks for sharing it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here