Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palexand_gw

Drawer Slides

palexand
9 years ago

Hi! I am new to the forum but have been lurking for a few weeks. We are right in the middle of our kitchen renovation-wall removed, cabinets installed and countertops coming Wednesday. I wish I had found this forum about 100 decisions ago. :) We decided to go with custom built cabinets from a local Amish business. We are thrilled with the construction and looks but the only issue I am having is with the drawers. They are soft close but honestly they are not super easy to open and need a little extra push for the soft close to work. Compared to my Decora bathroom vanity (yes we also just gutted the bathroom in May) the drawers just don't open and close as smoothly as I hoped.The cabinet maker used Blum hinges but used Fiesta brand drawer slides. I would never even known what to look for if I hadn't read this forum. So here's my question: How hard is it to replace drawer slides? I'm not handy but my husband can do basics. Do you need a high level of skill to change them out? Is it possible the Fiesta brand will be okay once we put some weight in it and use it? My husband keeps saying we just need to use them more and they will get smoother. I can't find any information or reviews on the Fiesta brand except they aren't high end. Does anyone have any experience with them? The drawers aren't terrible and I'm generally not super picky so if they were just a little smoother I would probably be okay.
As I said, we're thrilled with the looks and quality of the cabinets and I probably wouldn't have even thought about replacing the slides except I read about the Blum on here earlier today. Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio