Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink on backorder, what to do?

Posted by bookworm4321 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 14:22

So the cabinets arrived this morning, and will be installed by Monday. I called the saleswoman from plumbing store, and sink on back order. This was Blanco Performa. I inquired why she didn't tell me this weeks ago (ordered in August). I chose the Blanco over the Franke Oceania because the latter takes a month to be delivered. Left it with her that she'll find out from disributor if it really will come in 2 weeks.

Should I call other stores? Order online?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink on backorder, what to do?

Call other stores! There was no waiting on my Oceania at all.

o

Oh my, this brings up bad memories for me. I ordered a Blanco Cascade for my kitchen last September. It still wasn't in by Thanksgiving. (The cabinets were installed November 8.) The backorder kept getting pushed back until I had enough. I changed my order to the Blanco Diamond Super Single and it was here within a week. I was without a working sink until January when I should have had one by Thanksgiving. Find another sink but make sure it is in stock before you order it.

o

Have you tried Amazon? We ordered a Blanco from them - it was the 25 inch single - and it arrived within about a week. I was a little annoyed at the vast amount of packaging that came with it - wasteful and hard to dispose of (we didn't order fine china!), but it was an excellent price and just what we wanted.

o

Get online and order from someone else. I just had to do this for my sister's kitchen.

o

Thanks all. I call around tomorrow, to see if anyone has it in stock. I was scared to order online, but if I need to, I'll be back to ask who is reliable.

Corgimum, that is so awful you had to wait so long for a sink. This must have delayed the fabrication, too.

o

If you go with a reliable source, why would going online matter? The prices are often excellent because you can shop around without living your house, and you may not have to pay sales tax. Some of them offer free shipping as well. I found the coolest lights on Etsy.com. Not exactly the same as a sink, but *so* convenient and just what we wanted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here