Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snagd_gw

Finally choose backsplash tile..grout color ?

snagd
11 years ago

white or similar color to tile? I am thinkng white to tie cabinets in?

Comments (18)

• annettacm
    11 years ago

I actually like the golden toned ones. I think that's beautiful. Accents the granite without overtaking it and gives a contrast to the white.

• Claudia77
    11 years ago

Lovely counter/cabinets/backsplash. I would go with a color that matches the tiles. You have a gorgeous counter, you want to keep the focus on the counter, enhance the counter.

You're going to love your kitchen - enjoy!

Claudia

• sserra85
    11 years ago

Pretty! Go with something in the same color range as the tile, but slightly lighter. White will be too stark a contrast, but I do think you need some subtle enhancing of the tile via the grout.

• ellendi
    11 years ago

First off can you tell us what the granite is and what the tiles are?
    I vote for keeping the grout the same color as the tiles. In some cases it is a good idea to use a different grout to accent the shape of the tiles or somehow tie the tiles in with the cabinets or gramite. I just don't think so in your case.

• snagd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The granite is colonial cream I think,and the tile is a tile by vallelunga..rialto series:)

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

I agree with Twn85 - same color family of tile, but slightly lighter. Beautiful kitchen!

• rhome410
    11 years ago

3rd vote for using one the color of the tile, but slightly lighter.

• ellendi
    11 years ago

Thanks!

• deedles
    11 years ago

On my monitor the tile looked sort of olive green and I thought " ooo, pretty, it looks great with the countertop".

So... another vote for playing off the countertop colors.

• snagd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just an update...so I went with a whitish grout because at night it seemed dark since I have no undercabinet lights. I really like how the cabinets and molding tie in:) I am now deciding if I should put a piece of decorative crown and stop,or buy more tile and do the entire wall? It will be tricky making those cuts and not standing on the granite!!lol

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

Wow that was fast. Looks great. I would just stop there.

• enduring
    11 years ago

Beautiful tile.

I like the way it is now. The stove area looks functional and intended as a protective element for cooking activities. Crown in those areas might be over kill. You have the lovely crown at the ceiling, beams, casework, and cabinets. I think that is enough crown.

Your paint is very pretty too.

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

It's lovely just the way it is.

• snagd
    Original Author
    11 years ago

that would make it easier!lol..thank you

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous - I didn't weigh in but would have leaned toward white grout. I LOVE it!

Where did you buy your subway tile? I would love to look at that brand for my kitchen, assuming they have other colors.

• chloe.chloe
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!! What is the name/ color of your cabinets?

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Love, love, love your tile and like the contrast of the white grout. Brings in your cabinet color and defines the tile.
    I however would tile the whole wall. The uneven levels where the tiles end on that wall would bother me (above the knives and midway at the hood). I think it would look smashing all tiled.
    Beautiful kitchen!

• caminnc
    11 years ago

Very, very pretty! Love your kitchen!!!