Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rightdi_gw

I'm in the dreaded backsplash heaven!

rightdi_gw
9 years ago

How does one even start!!! LOL I envy those quick decision makers!!! Check out these beauties! Wish me luck!!

Comments (15)

• rightdi_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More!

• rightdi_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Aren't they yummy!

• rightdi_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last one l promise!

• Terri_PacNW
    9 years ago

Lol..that is over whelming..lol

I thought I was going with just white subway tiled walls 6x12 in my mind.
    No "backsplash" per se.
    Now my husband last night said that's boring. Lol.
    And showed me what he has in mind! Complete opposite.

Good luck!

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

For starters ... do you want a DIVA of a backsplash or does it have to play a modest supporting role because the countertops are over the top?

Do you have a $/sq ft budget set?

• bobbie2010
    9 years ago

I am in the same boat and would pass out in that place. Not enough hours in the day. I think I have decided to go basic, clean and neet. I'll jazz it up with some accents. I still need to pick clean and neat

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I did the same thing yesterday, shopping for bathroom and kitchen tile. I found more that I disliked than I like. There's a lot of dated stuff still hanging around.

• voila
    9 years ago

You lucky duck! I just love tile stores with great selections. Have fun!

• gothaml
    9 years ago

Where are you? That looks like a nice challenge!

• amck2
    9 years ago

I'm a "plain and simple," "less is more" kind of person BUT I am crazy for that plaid tile in the first shot. I might even have designed a kitchen around it had I seen it before.

• rightdi_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I survived...barely, and with obviously no decision made. We are selecting bathroom tiles & accent tiles. We just selected our bathroom ones. I don't know if its against the kitchen forum rules, but I'll share my selections here since I love this forum! ;)
    This place is huge. That was just 3 walls. There's an entire warehouse of accent tiles alone.

@terri_pacnw Good Luck with your search! I was also going to do standard subways tiles, until started lurking here and realized the endless possibilities!!

@lazygardens There is no budget per se. I'm looking for a WOW factor, however that could come from a very shiny beautiful glass, or just maybe a highlighted area below the hood (don't know what that is called, but I know you guys call it something). We have a bianco romano granite and espresso tiles. Very open!

@bobbie2010 Good Luck, show us your progress!

@may_flowers Always enjoy your input. Have you posted on your journey for tile somewhere else? Look forward to your selections. This particular place has new inventory almost every week! I week i could "check them out" like a library. I think Michelle (?) has that available to her.

@amck That plaid was pretty stunning! Interesting to see how you would use it! :)

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Please post your tiles! I don't think Baths and Home Decor are into tile as much as we are in Kitchens.

Yesterday was the in-town preliminary hunt before I go to the big city--home of Pratt and Larson and an entire street devoted to tile! I want to make sure I have all the materials selected before we start on the bathroom. I'm hoping to find an accent tile I love and go from there. I do love the Encore mixed mosaics after spending so much time on their website looking for a tile for Michele.

• deedles
    9 years ago

Trying to pick tile made me crazy so I gave up. Good luck to you!

• Hydragea
    9 years ago

Whoah!
    You know, I think you need to have a rough idea of what you want before you even go in to a place like that!

• eam44
    9 years ago

I never shy away from pics of beautiful tiles, but you really should until you decide what look you want for your space. You'll get more from browsing design magazines and houzz than you will going into a place like that. And everyone has a budget. If you don't know what yours is in $/sf, by all means figure it out. These are exercises designed to save you from the following types of posts, all of which I've read here:

I found the tile I want but can't afford it!
    Now that it's installed, my bs clashes with my counters!
    It's been five years and still no bs!

Good luck. And let us know if we can help.