Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crystal cabinetry - need help picking a door style!

Posted by nyse2502 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 14:07

I am doing an off-white kitchen using Crystal cabinetry and am having a hard time deciding on which door style to go with. I am between the savanna, Halifax and elite door with a full overlay. If anyone has some pictures to share of their completed Crystal kitchens can you please post pictures for me?

Thank you!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crystal cabinetry - need help picking a door style!

So you like cabinets with lots of embellishment. What color cabs are you considering, how big is the space, and what overall look are you hoping for?

o

I wanted to do a light cream or antique white color. My kitchen is 16x18 with a large center island which I will also be doing in the same color. I am looking for a fairly formal look using wolf appliances and a hearth over my cooktop. I also have a butlers pantry which I would like to do with the same door style in a darker wood with the same granite that I have yet to choose.

o

I've been a Crystal dealer for over 10 years. The best door for paint will be the Halifax because it uses mortise and tenon joinery on the door. Because the other two doors are mitered, there will be more chance of movement in the seams where the frame is joined together. Unfortunately, the Halifax door, with its applied moulding detail, is also the most expensive. It does make a very attractive kitchen though if you like a lot of detail. I know you will be happy with your Crystal cabinets, they are a very good company to work with and have given my clients great service.

o

I was leaning toward the Halifax because it seemed the simplest of the 3, I want a raised panel door with a recessed drawer and I like the look of the moulding detail, go figure that it's the most expensive! Also I'm not gettin any benefit with the promos they are running because I don't want a glaze or inset. I live in the northeast and I've been told that with our climate inset doors will shift. If anyone has any pictures I would love to see them

o

I don't think you would have a problem with the inset doors. I am in the Midwest where we have extreme humidity and temerature changes. I have not had any issues with my clients or on our showroom inset display. The current promotions end in a couple of weeks and there may be a new one on paint. I haven't heard anything yet but Crystal has been alternating the promotions. So you might wait a bit. In my territory we usually hear about the new promotion about a week before the old one ends.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here