Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weespxx

Renovation Complete --- modern kitchen update

weespxx
9 years ago

Hi All:

I got so much help and useful advice from this Forum that I wanted to share some of the results of our kitchen renovation. We did use a contractor, an IKEA kitchen designer in CA (we are in Va), and a local designer as we were doing more than just the kitchen. One thing I learned from my local designer is that every decision impacts all future decisions - it was a valuable lesson and we have very few regrets!

In a nutshell, here's our final product (and still not 100% done)
Floors - an area we chose to save. Floating floors from Lumber Liquidators. Nirvana Plus. We got it on sale, and as much as I hate the idea of a non-green floor, we just could not pass by the savings. Love the float but DESPISE the T-moldings that divide rooms. We do not have separate rooms - all is 1 space but the installer would not do without the T-moldings and it's one of our 2 sore spots.

Cabinets - Ikea Applad. we love them. My husband assembled and it was time consuming but we only spent $4,800 (they had add't sale) and it was worth it. The designer for the IKEA was Neil Wilson @ Dezign Blu in LA. Neil was amazing and flexible and reasonable. And he ordered the ikea "stuff" and put us in touch with one of the big kitchen order guys, Andy, who was amazing and actually ended up recommending both the finish and handles.

Counter - Virginia Mist granite. Only chose because we wanted the Slate look and this granite is actually mined in Virginia. We got this hones and with the added 1 in edge (I forget what they call it but it lookks amazing and helps the cabinets look more high-end). Love it!!!

Oven - Double ovens by Whirlpool. Basic model. Has annoying fan after cooking but I am not much of an oven user so does not bother too much
Fridge - Kenmore Elite with French doors and freezer on bottom. Fun little snack door thing that we love too.
Cooktop - Bosch 36 in induction cooktop. Don't remember if 500 or 800 series but LOVE!
Dishwasher - Bosch. Very quiet

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Love it all and very thankful to you all for assistance and advice!

Cheers -

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)