Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Finding a tub surround for oversized tub

Posted by krazydawdlady (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 14:05

I am looking at installing a 66" jet tub, but have been unable to find an acrylic or fiberglass tub surround that will fit that size. They seem to top out at 60". I prefer not to tile as I don't want to deal with the grout cleaning and upkeep. The sandstone type products are more than I was planning to spend. I'm looking for an economical solution!

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Finding a tub surround for oversized tub

Tub surrounds are for tub/shower combos. Generally on a soaking tub, tile is done, but you can get Swanstone or Corian walls to any dimension. If you are planning a tub/shower for this setup, be sure it has the integral tile flange as that's needed to keep water from penetrating into the walls.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here