Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is difference between Blanco 'Silgranit II" and "Granite"?

Posted by elphaba (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 23, 13 at 14:00

I'm looking for a prep sink for my island. Have found this Blanco Precis 440140 that has a size that looks good but I had wanted Silgranit and description for this sink just says "granite"?? What is difference?

I want undermount Anthracite - dimension is 18 X 20 so that is doable. But don't know why they don't call it Silgranit? Will I miss out on some advantage of silgranit?
Blanco 440140 Precis Single Basin Granite Kitchen Sink 18" x 20 3/4" -

I know "the devil is in the details" and I have definitely been burnt before on other things. I've called Blanco and of course the person answering the phone just wants me off so she can answer another call and keep her metrics high so she says granite and Silgranit are the same thing. (first she blamed it on a search engine problem before I told her I looked at Many sites and all were consistent with not calling Precis Silgranit) Wonder if the Precis line may be being phased out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is difference between Blanco 'Silgranit II" and "Granite

If you look at this catalog page, they have Silgranit II as a designation.

They are all the same material.

You'll love it if you don't already have one! I still love my sink after years of hard use. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco catalog

o

Thank you so much. And glad you like yours. Only problem I've heard is that it is often cracked when shipped. So this is one fixture I'm buying from my local plumbing fixture store.

One less decision to make, now on to faucets. Need one that swivels 360 degrees...

o

The Moen Level does. I have the bar faucet, but haven't installed it.

Here are some reviews, starting with the "not totally satisfied" customers, LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen Level

o

The Grohe Bridgeford swivels 360* nice faucet, I just wish it would lock on in spray mode, I had never owned a pulldown before, so I never thought to ask :/
I do absolutely love my Anthracite Silgranite Precis though!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here