Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamasheshe

Sneak Peek of Sexy Mexy Kitchen

mamasheshe
11 years ago

Still missing toe kicks and have lots of cleaning to do, but the backsplash is finished and I couldn't resist posting a sneak peek. I'm delighted!

Comments (46)

• angel411
    11 years ago

Whoa, Senorita!! Muy likey!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Everything is lovely but your tile steals the show. It is the icing on the cake, the creme dela creme, the piece de resistance, la estrella brillante etc., etc.

Have fun showing it off and wishing you years of enjoyment in your new kitchen

• rhome410
    11 years ago

Wowowow! Can we see that breathtaking tile straight-on and maybe a close-up?

• cawaps
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

Wow! This is brilliant.Can't wait to see the whole kitchen. thanks for the preview.

• kmmh
    11 years ago

It's so pretty!

• pharaoh
    11 years ago

Muy caliente! Que rico...

• se_me
    11 years ago

Looks gorgeous, I especially love that tile! To echo rhome410, can you please post a direct shot of the tile?

• eleena
    11 years ago

Stunning!!!!

More pix, please!

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

One of the things I love best about GW is seeing the new kitchens. I especially love a kitchen that ''speaks its owner's name'', my phrase for those unique and lovely kitchens that, heck, speak their owner's name. No one else will EVER build one exactly like it. PERFECT.

Yours does exactly that.

Thank you for sharing. It makes me smile.

I would like to come by and play Sherlock with a magnifier, inspecting tile fragment by tile fragment, wondering what the originals were and marveling at the uniformity of the combined display
    Sandra

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

Ooooh- Looks beautiful! I love to see something different : )

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

If GW had a sound feature, you would hear a long whistle from me. Not the train kind of whistle mind you, but the one that comes from maybe a contractor when something is seen that is really admired.

GREAT JOB. I love that you didnt do the "normal" thing but instead did exactly what you wanted and that made you feel good! �

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

Fabulous. It looks really terrific, and I love the phrase Bellsmom used, "speaks its owner's name." A great way of describing it. Enjoy!

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

So so soOOO pretty, lively, unique even SPELLBINDING!!!:)

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Love the way the backsplash behind the hood pours into e counter backsplash. Wonderful job.

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

Your backsplash is really cool but I love your whole kitchen. Can't wait to see more.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

More pictures please! Looks terrific:)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Wow! So bold and beautiful! Welcome to the ABB alumni club!

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Really cool! Can't wait to see more.

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Head-on closeup of backsplash, as requested. Still have lots of work to do to put everything together. I'll post more comments and pics tomorrow, I promise!!

• rhome410
    11 years ago

Thank you... It's WONDERFUL.

• aprilmack
    11 years ago

Wow! Your kitchen in fabulous!

• justmakeit
    11 years ago

Stunning -- my jaw's agape! The strips of tile in the backsplash look like little snippets of Matisse cutouts, cut up and reassembled. Love this. And I agree about the kitchen that speaks its owners name!

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Wow!
    When you were posting your options I thought it was nice. For me, too busy.
    It's perfect on this wall! It makes a united finish and the eye doesn't choose one place to land.

I don't know how to explain it, but it really appeals to me.
    You did a fantastic job!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

The grin on my face is stretching from ear to ear! I am going back to look at it again now:)

• enduring
    11 years ago

That is beautiful tile and looks great on your backsplash. Thanks for posting!

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Very nice! It's just the right amount of WOW-the tiles by themselves are busy but the kitchen really is soothing to look at; perfect balance. Very cool pendant light too!

What a nice space to work in! Enjoy!

• chicagoans
    11 years ago

I heart sexy mexy!

• claybabe
    11 years ago

Fantastic! I love the white field tile with it, love the colors, love everything about it. Spectacular! Spectacular!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Yes, that tile certainly steals the show. So much that I didn't even see what kind of granite you had on my first look. Your cabinets are gorgeous too. Great vision with that tile though.

• susanlynn2012
    11 years ago

Love the cabinets and that tile is so unique and is sexy!

• berardmr
    11 years ago

Wow, when you posted the photos I also thought it was a tad busy. But BOY did you pull it off! It makes me want to do a little dance in your kitchen. It's so happy and festive!! Great job!

• lazy_gardens
    11 years ago

Oh wow! I'm not usually a fan of "diva" backsplashes, but the sleek cabinets and dark counters work really well with the tile.

Makes me want to buy a tile saw :)

• taggie
    11 years ago

Ooooh that is sexy indeed. Cool backsplash, and loving the cabs & pendant.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Hi... back again, looking, enjoying and smiling at the full-on picture. It's heartwarming!

• caseyrose
    11 years ago

I love it--can't wait to see and hear more.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Wow, the close up is incredible!! Thanks for posting.

• badgergal
    11 years ago

I already responded to tell you how great your backsplash is but I have to post again because I just showed it to my DH. He responded, "oh wow, that is awesome. I think I might like that even more than ours!" Just so you know what he's comparing it to here's a shot of ours.
    {{!gwi}}

• Debbie Erfer
    11 years ago

Wow! Love the kitchen Sexy Mex. It's beautiful. I'm getting ready to do my reno with cabinets very similar to yours.

Badgergal--- love love love your hardware. Can you tell me about it?

• deedles
    11 years ago

Very dramatic! It looks great. I like your tile but my eye was first drawn to the curved valance over the window. Nice touch! How tall are your ceilings in the kitchen?

• ae2ga
    11 years ago

Holy cow - that backsplash is FANTASTIC!!!

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, so I'm still missing the toe kicks and a few finishing touches, but here are more pics as promised. Sorry I've been MIA. Oldest DD had a big court date, second DD has kept me running with volleyball and soccer, and the triplet DS's turned 12 on Saturday. So I've been very, very busy, but loving the new kitchen!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sexy Mexy Before & (almost) After

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

To all who complimented me on a good job, I have to thank this board, and especially hollysprings, EAM, annsch, and may-flowers, because I came very close to making some fatally bad choices. I can't believe we pulled this off and I have no regrets about any decision we wound up with. All the kind remarks make me really happy. I went into this process with no design confidence, made some bad choices on trying to mix too many "wow" elements or trying too hard to "match" but with competing elements, got knocked down a few pegs, but somewhere along the way starting finding my voice and style and learned to embrace it and actually have fun!!

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

To all who complimented me on a good job, I have to thank this board, and especially hollysprings, EAM, annsch, and may-flowers, because I came very close to making some fatally bad choices. I can't believe we pulled this off and I have no regrets about any decision we wound up with. All the kind remarks make me really happy. I went into this process with no design confidence, made some bad choices on trying to mix too many "wow" elements or trying too hard to "match" but with competing elements, got knocked down a few pegs, but somewhere along the way starting finding my voice and style and learned to embrace it and actually have fun!!

• kaysd
    11 years ago

It turned out great. I love the modern spin on Mexican tiles.

• ae2ga
    11 years ago

That is such stunning tile. I saw the link for the vendor in a different thread but now can't find it. Would you mind posting again please?

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz