Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Subway tile backsplash with uba tuba granite

Posted by cmm1 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 13:51

I have natural cherry cabinets with tuba tuba granite. I really look of subway tiles but can't seem to find any examples.

Does anyone have this or any other ideas?

I know many consider uba tuba outdated but mine is new and I happen to think it looks nice.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Subway tile backsplash with uba tuba granite

Hi cmm1-

I have honey oak (I know, I know it was an update not a total gut) cabinets with uba tuba and slate subway styled tiles - they are the 2x4 (slightly smaller) size. If you want a pic let me know.

o

Thanks Autumn I actually saved your kitchen to my I pad after you posted a reply to a buying and selling forum on kitchen updates for resale. Your kitchen is about the same era as mine and we updated the counters but kept the cabinets since they were in good shape.

I really like your slate tiles. Any chance you remember the name?

If I can recall you were starting a new build? If so I can bet you will be a regular on the kitchen forum

o

cmm1-thanks - very similar circumstances. Our oak cabinets are good quality we couldn't see ripping them out.

It was from FloridaTile - link is below. We ended up with the African Gold but the California gold was really nice also...it was a tough choice and I think either would have worked nicely.

I am sure I will be a regular, lol. I actually am a big time lurker and have been from the time we did our little update but surely once we get closer to the build I will be more active. I do have a few layouts I have been tinkering with to post, just haven't done it it yet.

Good luck. I really like our uba tuba also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile

o

Forgot to add - scroll down to near the bottom it's the 2x4 tumbled slate. It's called Pietra Art Slate. It comes in many sizes and is on a mesh which really made installation much simpler.

o

Here is one example I found with painted cabinets but I think you could use this same tile with natural cherry cabinets.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Have you thought about using glass subway tiles in either a gold/tan or blue/ green color to pick up the colors in the Uba Tuba.
I have Verde Peacock granite with natural cherry cabinets and I used a mixed mosaic for my backsplash. While its not subway, I thought I'd show it to you just for another idea.

o

Thanks badger gal. I like the tan subway tiles-trying to steer away from green-we plan on selling within a few years so tan seems more neutral.

Your mixed mosaic is beautiful too. Did you use it all over or is it an accent?

o

Cmm1, my tile is just behind my cooktop/ vent hood. My kitchen is contemporary in style and I wasn't concerned about resale. Here is one picture of it. I think if you click on the picture it takes you to my photo bucket album if you want to see any more pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here