Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmm1_gw

Subway tile backsplash with uba tuba granite

cmm1
11 years ago

I have natural cherry cabinets with tuba tuba granite. I really look of subway tiles but can't seem to find any examples.

Does anyone have this or any other ideas?

I know many consider uba tuba outdated but mine is new and I happen to think it looks nice.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Hi cmm1-

I have honey oak (I know, I know it was an update not a total gut) cabinets with uba tuba and slate subway styled tiles - they are the 2x4 (slightly smaller) size. If you want a pic let me know.

• cmm1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Autumn I actually saved your kitchen to my I pad after you posted a reply to a buying and selling forum on kitchen updates for resale. Your kitchen is about the same era as mine and we updated the counters but kept the cabinets since they were in good shape.

I really like your slate tiles. Any chance you remember the name?

If I can recall you were starting a new build? If so I can bet you will be a regular on the kitchen forum

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

cmm1-thanks - very similar circumstances. Our oak cabinets are good quality we couldn't see ripping them out.

It was from FloridaTile - link is below. We ended up with the African Gold but the California gold was really nice also...it was a tough choice and I think either would have worked nicely.

I am sure I will be a regular, lol. I actually am a big time lurker and have been from the time we did our little update but surely once we get closer to the build I will be more active. I do have a few layouts I have been tinkering with to post, just haven't done it it yet.

Good luck. I really like our uba tuba also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Forgot to add - scroll down to near the bottom it's the 2x4 tumbled slate. It's called Pietra Art Slate. It comes in many sizes and is on a mesh which really made installation much simpler.

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Here is one example I found with painted cabinets but I think you could use this same tile with natural cherry cabinets.
    {{!gwi}}

Have you thought about using glass subway tiles in either a gold/tan or blue/ green color to pick up the colors in the Uba Tuba.
    I have Verde Peacock granite with natural cherry cabinets and I used a mixed mosaic for my backsplash. While its not subway, I thought I'd show it to you just for another idea.

• cmm1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks badger gal. I like the tan subway tiles-trying to steer away from green-we plan on selling within a few years so tan seems more neutral.

Your mixed mosaic is beautiful too. Did you use it all over or is it an accent?

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Cmm1, my tile is just behind my cooktop/ vent hood. My kitchen is contemporary in style and I wasn't concerned about resale. Here is one picture of it. I think if you click on the picture it takes you to my photo bucket album if you want to see any more pictures.

• Danielle Camporese
    9 years ago

The mosaic tile looks beautiful! Where were these tiles purchased? I have looked in so many stores as we are redoing our kitchen and we have a green/brown theme going on - something like this would look perfect!

• tfox0208
    8 years ago

Did you ever get an answer of where this was purchased ?

• badgergal
    8 years ago

Danielle, Sorry I missed your question from last April. Tfox0208, the mosaic tiles were purchased through a local tile company who obtained them from a Midwest distributor called 21st Century Tile. The mosaic is called Shamrock Shake Multi. I have only seen it at one online website. The picture on the online site and the 21st Century is not a good representation of the tile. The Also the picture shows the tile with a tan colored grout. I used a very dark green grout with the mosaic and IMO it looks much better than tan. The tile itself is a mix of clear, frosted and textured glass as well as natural stone and stainless tiles.

Here is a another full view shot of the tile

The link below is an online site that has the tile. I know nothing about that online company. I paid less for the tile at my local tile store than the online price.

Online source for the tile

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville