Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Messed up glazing my cabinets

Posted by ssmile (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 13:48

We bought the Rustoleum kit and the painting went really smooth. However, for the glazing part, we picked the mottling method on their website, which is basically dabbing off the excess instead of wiping, and the first few turned out well so we kept with it. But in the larger cabinets, the dabbing didn't work well at all, and it looks like there was too much stain left on the cabinets. It has been drying overnight now, but is there anyway to get the glaze off and restart without repainting the cabinets?

Please help!
S

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Messed up glazing my cabinets

I would think you could try mineral spirits in a inconspicuous spot and see if it removes the glazing.
I do not have any hands on experience with the rustoleum products. Good luck.

o

Thanks rtwilliams! I will try that. It looks like most of them look fine this morning, except for two. So, I might try that on one of those and if it doesn't turn out well, i might just redo both of them. :(

o

We did that kit last year and tried glazing two doors and just did not like the result. We ended up letting it dry, de-gloss again and repainted and only applied the color and the finishing product. We didnt really try to remove it another way (dont think you could). We loved the product but I would not want to try to ensure that all 19 doors somewhat matched...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here