Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color granite for kitchen?

Posted by Barb_LI (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 12 at 13:48

I am re-doing my kitchen with St. Martin (Newhaven) cherry cabinets with a golden honey stain, Mullican oak hardwood floors in gunstock. I have two windows in the kitchen, one of which is 4'x4' and lets in a lot of afternoon sunlight. My husband and I have looked at light and dark color granites, and pretty much narrowed it down to three: (Tan Brown, Baltic Brown, and Giallo Veneziano). Concerned about having dark floors, dark cabinet, and dark granite. I will be doing a light beige tile backsplash with possibly a glass mosaic design. Which of the three is the best color for the granite? Should we stay away from dark colors? Thanks!!
http://www.mullicanflooring.com/PRODUCTS/ENGINEERED/AUSTIN SPRINGS/ASOAKGNSTCK.html
http://www.stmartincabinetry.com/content.asp?id=19

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color granite for kitchen?

I think a lot of it depends on the size of your room, wall color, how many upper cabinets, etc.

That said, the cabinets don't look that dark to me and I'd like the tan brown with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here