Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waltbsc

Jeffrey Court backsplash

waltbsc
13 years ago

I had a remodel thread going with all of my progress over the last few months but it's gone!

We've had these for a couple months and we finally had the opportunity to install. They're 3x6 Irish Ice in Wexford. I didn't think the backsplash would impact our kitchen but it really has, IMO.

I'm not a good with a camera but these should suffice.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (17)

• gillylily
    13 years ago

Looks Great!! Enjoy them.. Did you DIY? Congtats- Your kitchen is beautiful!

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

Walt - It really looks beautiful. You did such a thorough job of looking at different options, you must be thrilled with how this came out. Enjoy!

• waltbsc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I had a friend help me install. We did an "okay" job but I did a poor job planning the layout in a couple area's that I won't disclose..haha

I've been focused on as much DIY as I can with this project since my wife wanted to spend 45k on a new kitchen. I told her I could achieve the look we were after for a fraction of the cost and I'm on track.

We have some 20x20 tiles that will be installed next week and then I can finally call this project DONE. I know the dishwasher needs to go next year but it's functional. I won't be tackling the tile floor since there are some subfloor issues so I'm going to leave that to the pro's.

Sparklekitty - I'm happy you saw this thread! You've seen the changes from the beginning and I appreciate all your advice. I have a full box of tile left if you need a sample :)

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

Hi walt!

I was wondering what happened....OH! I love it! It goes great with the granite! And I really like how the grout makes the tile pop..Very happy for you and the mrs....and your wallet!

KA:)

• steff_1
    13 years ago

Your kitchen looks great, I remember your earlier posts too.

When getting the new floor in, be sure to allow for getting the old dishwasher out and new one in. They will tile it in and it's a bear to get out if you don't plan. Been there, done that.

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Beautiful backsplash!!! It compliments your counter & cabs perfectly--love the lights on it!

• marytwit
    13 years ago

Beautiful!!!!

• cpartist
    13 years ago

Gorgeous and thanks for posting since I'll be putting in the Jeffrey Court Irish Ice in the Donegal color shortly. One question. I see you have one place where it ends under the cabinet where there is wall next to it. They don't have bullnose tiles, so what did you do for that end?

• waltbsc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments!

Hi KA! I don't frequent the forums unless I'm up to something but I'll be sure to submit a final post when all is done. I need to start adding up all our expenses to see exactly how much the kitchen cost us. We have 3100 sqft of 1986 to update and the kitchen is only a small part (believe it or not) of our progess in the past 4 months but we're getting there.

cpartist - I used two pieces of Delaney's Dome to finish off the side. I ended up stopping the tile at the end of the top cabinet but I wonder if I should have extended it to the end of the countertop. Too late now! ha ha

• dianalo
    13 years ago

I think the bs color is the perfect complement to your counter and cabs. Bravo!

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Looks great!

• hellonasty
    13 years ago

So nice! Congratulations!

• cpartist
    13 years ago

thank you for the info. Hope I can get some pieces quick

• jterrilynn
    13 years ago

Very nice! Is your wife happy? All that savings, now you can go on a nice vacation after all the hard work. I took mine before our diy and it seems like years ago.

• research_queen
    13 years ago

stunning. love your granite. what is it called?

• waltbsc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes the wife is very happy with the outcome, especially our cabinet makeover. We splurged on our appliances by getting a convection oven and induction cooktop. The rest of the savings was and will be spent on the remainder of our home because we HATE wallpaper and well, this house has lots of it..haha

The wife will be finishing her Masters in May and we'll be trying to start a family at that time so I'm taking her to Jamaica for a week :) This is a surprise so it will be fun trying to keep this secret...so we have another 7 months before vacation.

research queen - granite is white delicatus.

• lnking4_aol_com
    12 years ago

Waltbsc,
    I just stumbled across your kitchen remodel posts while searching for grout colors for our new kitchen backsplash. We are also using the Jeffrey Court Irish Ice tile in Wexford. Do you mind telling me what grout color you used? Any other tips for using this tile? Thanks so much.