Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lwo: from the go design around this...

Posted by CEFreeman (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 13:19

OK, guys.
I had to reread this threa\d
After LMAO, I have a couple of questions.

Live Wire Oak, Where did these two chandeliers come from? I love them and they made me laugh:
Photobucket
and
Photobucket
I am happy to say much of the GO in my house, courtesy of donations, trash piles and reuse centers is painted. I can do anything I darned well please with it!

Thanks!
Christine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lwo: from the go design around this...

First one:
http://www.shadesoflight.com/crown-ceiling-light.html

Second one:
http://www.metroretrofurniture.com/New_Website/399Ceiling10657Mid.html

(Courtesy of Google Image search.)

o

The second one is a torch-cut brutalist chandelier. Search on 1st Dibs and you can find them. Search brutal, torch-cut, brutalist, Greene, Evans, and things like this will come up.

o

Angie, thanks for pitching in and finding those. It's been about a year since I did that design, and I couldn't tell you where I found them now.

Christine, as I've aged I've become fonder of the Brutalist look in many things. I think it works for people as well as the GO. If a room has an "aw my god" piece in it to notice (or as my other half would say, "an obvious steaming turd"), the geezer taking up space in the rocking chair starts to look positively youthful and attractive. :)

o

OMG.

LWO, I believe in pieces that stop someone in their tracks. I like the "oh, different!" aspect, but the OMG is more fun.

My family are definately the kind that see the "OMG how cool!" The others, I don't worry about becaue they don't have appreciation or vision, anyway. They are the geezers (or the turds)!

Thanks guys. I appreciate it!
C.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here