Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebecca51_gw

It's all starting to take shape!

rebecca51
9 years ago

Cabinets were installed last week - love them! Cherry with a Colonial Maple finish. Everything below countertop are drawers - with the exceptions below the sink, of course, and our "cat bathroom" in the laundry room. We had pocket doors put in there so on most days, the doors will be back, but if we're having company or a party, we can close it up, and send the kitties to the basement.

Appliances are going in today, and granite comes on Thursday. We just got back from the fabricator to decide on where the seams will go and what part of the slabs to use. We chose River White for a table that we're having made, and for a ledge and wet bar. Bianca Antico everywhere else. While we were waiting for the lady that's working with us, I had time to look around and fell in love with a Cambria piece that was displayed. The first thing I asked was whether we could change products (my husband was less than thrilled cause it would add another 2 weeks to the project.) But after I saw our granite slabs again, I'm happy with our choice - whew! .

I'll post pictures when it's all done- we still have backsplash, a couple of doors to go in, and a few other finishing details, so it will be close to the 12 week estimate (we're on week 9). Now that we're close, I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. Whether you know it or not, you all have helped me so much!

Comment (1)