Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jen4268

Mini brick marble backsplash finally installed

jen4268
15 years ago

My mini brick marble backsplash was finally installed this week, and as I had a few requests here are my installed pictures. I only had a the backsplash done on my hutch area, but I really like how it turned out.

It was called oriental white mini brick, and is polished. I think it contrasts well with the honed antique nordic black granite.

Comments (23)

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

Fabulous!!!!! Love the simplicity of the crystal knobs with the strong stones.

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

Oh, it is gorgeous! Just beautiful! Congrats on a great choice!

• kmgard
    15 years ago

oooh Was that as expensive as it looks, because I love it! Can I ask where you got them? How much/sq. foot?

• katmandu_2008
    15 years ago

I love it! Do you have more photos of the whole kitchen? Looks great.

• persnicketydesign
    15 years ago

That is absolutely gorgeous!

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

Oh... DOUBLE WOW! That's spectacular!!

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

Perfectly stunning! You have beautiful taste!

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

I LIKE it!!! It looks great with your cabs and granite!

• megradek
    15 years ago

absolutely love it! I'm looking for something very similar right now, thanks for the info.

• alku05
    15 years ago

Wow, that is almost identical to my backsplash, except mine has a honed finish.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• User
    15 years ago

Very pretty, love it!

• Laurie
    15 years ago

I love it, too! Very soft white & gray tones. It looks great with the cabs & granite. As katmandu requested...can you post more pictures of the whole kitchen?

• berryfarm
    15 years ago

That looks great. I love your cabinets, too. Were the tiles placed individually, or did they come on a sheet?

• rhome410
    15 years ago

I hope it was outrageously expensive, so I don't have to wonder if I should have used it in my kitchen! ;-)

It's really perfect in yours. Gorgeous... and the knobs are the perfect little sparkle to add to the mix.

• redroze
    15 years ago

Very, very, VERY nice!!!

May I ask what grout colour you used? Did you seal it?

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi- thanks for all of the nice comments. For those who wanted to see more pictures, I already have another post with lots of pics, called "Update Pics of cream traditional kitchen". I tried to post a link, but was not successful.

The marble was not expensive- I got it in Atlanta at G & L, it was called oriental white marble, mini-brick pattern. It came on sheets of 1 square foot and cost about $12.00 per square foot, compared to a similar style that I first liked at Walker Zanger at about $30.00 per square foot.

redroze- I used the color Snow White for the grout. I have not sealed it yet, but I will be this week.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Jen,
    Did you install the tile yourself? It looks great! Are you going to do a tile backsplash on your sink wall? Also, how are you liking the Newport Brass faucet? Is the sprayer easy to use? And, when they installed your Nordic Black Antique do you know if they put a color enhancer on as well as a sealer?

Thanks and as always love, love your kitchen :)

• twobengalsandme
    15 years ago

Love the contrast between the granite and the backsplash. I really love the darker granites. Nice job!

• brutuses
    15 years ago

That is beautiful. Good job!!

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pluckymama- We did install the tile ourselves- after 3 weeks of waiting for our tile guy to call us back, we decided to take the plunge and I am glad we did- it was too small a project to have to sub out.

I still like my Newport Brass faucet. The sprayer is easy to use, it twists on so it stays put. I sealed the Nordic Black myself with 511, and it was not an enhancer. It looks the same as when they insalled it. Water was absorbing into the granite when they first installed so I could tell it had not been sealed yet, and it no longer happened after I sealed it myself.

• catsam00
    15 years ago

Very beautiful.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Jen- You did a great job. The choice of your marble backsplash completes your already classic and timeless kitchen. It has all come together so beautifully.

When the time comes DH and I might try to tackle the backsplash ourselves as well after seeing your success. I have loved looking at all of your pics. Our kitchen is similar and seeing yours finished has helped me so much to envision mine as it slowly comes together. Thanks for all the time you have taken to share with us the details of your beautiful kitchen.

Do you have anything left to do or is it now complete? Now that you are cooking and enjoying your new kitchen, is there anything you would change or any advice for those of us still in the midst of the remodel?