Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
staining kitchen cabinets

Posted by jansy1985 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 12:49

Hi All
I am a first time condo owner and am pretty happy with the purchase, except the kitchen. I was originally thinking about replacing the white appliances with stainless steel but this trend seems to be on its way out. Now I'm thinking about keeping appliances and re-finishing cabinets.
Problem is, the kitchen cabinets do not go with white appliances. I'm thinking about cherry staining cabinets to give them red hue and match the flooring. Or maybe i should paint them to match the bathroom cabinets in the picture?
I'd appreciate any ideas and suggestions - my head is just spinning thinking about this!

Thanks,
Jan

This post was edited by jansy1985 on Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 12:53

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: staining kitchen cabinets

Bathroom cabinets for comparison

o

Looks like there are a lot of different things going on with you floor, counter top, back splash, and walls color wise.

I would live with things for a while and maybe paint the walls.

What is is worse shape and what is worth saving? The cabinets or appliances? What do you have the money and time to change now?

o

Thanks, Lo! I'll definitely wait at least a month before making any changes. Since my moving date is Dec, I'm taking this time to research options - price, durability etc. Nothing in the kitchen has any visible damage so its a matter of aesthetics for now.
I suppose metal backsplashes are another trend, so I tried to visualize how cherry cabinets and champagne backsplash would look with this weird pinkish counter (changing this isn't really an option due to $$$). Has anyone else tried these peel-and-stick metal backsplashes?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here