Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Link to Before and (Almost) After Sexy Mexi-Kitchen!

Posted by mamasheshe (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 12:39

Sorry I have been MIA. I want to respond to the overwhelming comments I received on my sneak peek, but things have been crazy in my family of 7: big court date for DD #1, homecoming, volleyball and soccer for DD #2, basketball and birthday for triplet boys, DH with 2 bulging discs. However, I did manage to put together a quick before and after. Still missing toe kicks and some other finishing touches. I will give a great big shout out to everyone who encouraged and guided me along the way, especially EAM, hollysprings, mayflowers and annsch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Before and (Almost) After

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Link to Before and (Almost) After Sexy Mexi-Kitchen!

SO GREAT MAMASHESHE! So glad I could help! And just slightly envious of your sexy mexy BACKSPLASH!!!

o

Muy bonita!!!!!!

o

I think the lighting in the former breakfast nook turned out great.

The thing I really like about your tile, is that from a distance it looks really contemporary, but up close you see that the building blocks are these really traditional talavera tile.

o

Looks great! Love love love the sexy mexi backsplash. That tile is so fun, and you put it together really well.

What a huge improvement! Congrats on almost finishing!

o

I really adore the color in the tile -- what a great use of broken talavera!. I missed your earlier posts -- did you make the tile mosaic yourself with remnants? Such a creative idea, I love it.

o

Thank you!!! Someone on the forum said that your kitchen should make you gasp a little each morning. That is exactly what this does for me! And I can sit on my couch in the family room and look directly at that cooktop backsplash illuminated by the hood lights. I have spent more than a couple of evenings drinking wine (probably should be margaritas) and doing just that!

We're really enjoying the more usable space. Yesterday DD had a friend over to bake some killer cupcakes and I prepared dinner at the same time. She said, "Mom, can you believe we can both work in here at the same time?" Meanwhile, DH, one of the boys and my other DD were all sitting at the counter chatting and visiting with us. Heavenly!!

I'm in love with those pendants over the peninsula. They cast a beautiful multicolored glow on the wall and cabinets and really add to the sexy cool feel.

Cawaps, that's exactly what I love so much about the tile. I wanted something Mexican, because of all the wonderful memories we have traveling to both the West Coast and Yucatan areas of Mexico. Great family times and great romantic trips as well. This kitchen, for me, captures both! Love the contemporary but still Mexican feel. The resorts have that same vibe.

mmhmmgood, the improvement is amazing. When I walk into that part of the house, I don't even recognize it as mine!

circuspeanut, the tile comes mounted on mesh in the strips like that. A link to the tile is attached.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tierra y Fuego Mix Deco Mozaik

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here