Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
intelinside1

Has anyone heard of Kountry Wood Products for kitchen Cabinets?

intelinside1
10 years ago

http://www.kountrywood.com/

So I've been searching for kitchen cabinets and came upon this American cabinet company from Indiana. I found them for a fairly good price at a local large cabinet warehouse/ show room in los angeles.

I would get a 9 x 9 galley kitchen for about $3000 in shaker (they call it Georgetown Coffee)

I haven't found much info on them online so I was wondering if anyone knows about them or about American cabinet brands?

Here's some info about them:

since 1998
KCMA members (kitchen cabinet makers of america? does this help much )

Comments (10)

• Janae2013
    10 years ago

Hi

I have not heard of them, however a 9x9 galley kitchen is not very many cabinets around 6 or 7 so that is not a good price!

I am also shopping for cabinets and have had several bids. working with kitchen designers at Home depot. lowes and menards. There are so many choices out there. I recently heard about Ikea kitchens, normally I would say oh yuk, however I went to my local Ikea and was quite impressed with the displays. It is a different look but an option.

• gregvasil
    7 years ago

Did you purchase cabinets from Kountry Wood? I can't find a review any where.

• herbflavor
    7 years ago

Kountry Wood was the "value" offering at a design store here in Mich called the Kitchen Shop-there are a few of their design centers scattered in this area. I thought the product was good -liked the finish. They are Amish made. Because of the presence of a complete design and install center handling them, I know they would work for the price point maybe better than other cheaper cabinet lines where customer service can be a hassle to correct things or tweak something in the plan/etc. Now I have just looked and see that the Kitchen Shop has dropped them and picked up Waypoint and Wolf cabinets-never heard of them. KountryWood is still in operation...looks like they have streamlined their offerings-just maple, oak, and cherry. I believe they had birch and hickory previously. What I notice is some interesting stain options on maple and a white paint....some dark stains for oak. Other cheaper cabinets I don't think would present you with the finish they give you and now stain offerings to boot. Might be good. If you have a design center handling them it might be a good end product for a lower investment in your cabinets while ending up with a good durable product. I felt the door finishes when handling/looking at them were superior to Ikea. But Ikea has certain aspects that make it desirable as well.

• gregvasil
    7 years ago

I'm using the cabinets in a new construction speculative home. I decided this morning not to go with Kountry Wood. I only found two reviews online which seems odd to me and I had to dig for them. Makes me wonder if they have somebody remove comments? Both were negative but could't find any positive comments either. I'm doing painted white so to help save money, I'm going to purchase off the shelf, paint grade crown, light rail, skins, legs and toe kick and have my painter spray them. I'm going with Schrock Cabinets. I may try the Kountry Wood on an inexpensive flip but can't take the risk on new construction.

• billerinz
    6 years ago

I bought a vanity for our bathroom 1 years ago. The finish is already chipping away on all the door and drawer fronts. I called and they had the service and warranty director come out. He said it was wear and tear, (after only one year and mind you i take very good care of them). They made every excuse to put the blame on me. They do not hold up to their warranty. ave your money and time and buy from someone else.

• rhoffman41
    6 years ago

We just did a very expensive bathroom remodel and we chose Kountry Wood Cabinets. Worse decision ever! We chose their Vanderburgh in a painted white finish. The drawer and door quality was really bad so much we had them make them again. the 2nd set was worse than the first set. Due to timing we chose to install the cabinet frames and work out the details alter to prevent delaying other subs. On a positive note the customer service has been great but they are limited on what they can do. Buyer beware

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    6 years ago

It's probably yet another of my "old lady" hangups, but I immediately mistrust any company that goes with "cutesy" spelling of words, and "Kountry" absolutely qualifies as "cutesy" or actually "disgusting".

• Judi Gaines
    6 years ago

Regrets regrets! Sold to us by a contractor boosting business for a local kitchen design company. Grossly overpriced (perhaps upcharge by kitchen design company) and low quality. Installed with broken drawers, cracks, chips, unsightly seams, and drab white color. @gregvasil it certainly appears that reviews are being removed. BUYER BEWARE.

• gregvasil
    6 years ago

@Judi Gaines. That really stinks that you spent good money only to receive an inferior product. A kitchen remodel is something to be excited about, not end in disappointment.