Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattyk_gw

your granite name

PattyK
16 years ago

would love to hear what granite you have in your kitchen..i still am undecided...

Comments (150)

• coolmom1
    16 years ago

Thanks, Mari. I am in No. Calif/Bay Area. I found my granite at a place in the East Bay. I, too, liked it this particular slab because it does not have a lot of the black. I saw several other slabs of Wild Sea with lots of deep purple as well. The purple can be beautiful if it fits into your color scheme. However, my scheme has more the greens, taupe and natural colors which fit nicely with this granite.

• dflood75
    16 years ago

VERDE FIRE!!!

By dflood75, shot with Canon PowerShot S3 IS at 2007-12-19

By dflood75, shot with Canon PowerShot S3 IS at 2007-12-19

• mkodimer
    16 years ago

Thanks for the scoop CoolMom1. You scored with that slab! Finding the perfect 'wild sea' is trying... I have been searching for a while now and have stood in many a granite yard scheming and plotting ways the fabricator could cut the slab to omit as much black as possible. I live in southern california but I'm going to the bay area for business next week; if you don't mind telling me the name of the yard, i'd appreciate it. mkodimer@gmail.com

• jt562
    16 years ago

Ohhh, everyone has such beautiful granite. We're not done yet, but I wanted to show mine too! ;-)

Giallo Veneziano

• pupwhipped
    16 years ago

Bumping this up as it is so cool. Minnt, do you have your Vyara installed yet? Would love to see it!

• Jodi_SoCal
    16 years ago

I have the same granite as uxorial, Impala Black. I love it. Simple. Not too fussy. It's called black but is actually a combo of black and gray. I've seen it recently called by another name, just can't remember what it was... "something" Gray.

Jodi-

• dorothyct
    16 years ago

Ours is seafoam green....it will be installed this week. I am beside myself. I cannot WAIT!

• aussies
    16 years ago

bump

• cooperbailey
    16 years ago

I can't believe I missed this thread. Giallo veneziano and we love it. No pics- on DHs laptop.
    Organic Donna- of all the contemporary kitchens I have ever seen- yours is a perfect design. And that bahia. I dont get tired of seeing it!

• tina999
    16 years ago

bump

• fran1523
    16 years ago

Giallo Antico. It was exactly what I was looking for, kind of a warm shade of terra cotta and very little movement. I've never seen it in a kitchen on this forum.

• dallgower
    16 years ago

Our new house is almost done. We are scheduled to move in on the 28th. The kitchen is still a mess but here are the pictureso of the granite. It is Madudra Gold. I love the granite. I hate the edge I picked, but I just need to let that go as there is nothing that I can about it now. When we move in I will post pictures of the completed (and cleaned up) kitchen.

• try_hard
    16 years ago

My granite yard tells me mine is called Golden Mountain. Here is a photo of the slab we're using on the island (with a big shadow across it) and a close-up picture of the sample they gave me.

Our house is under construction and supposed to be completed at the beginning of April.
    try_hard

• sophierex
    16 years ago

Ours is called African Ivory and it's going in this week!

• deegw
    16 years ago

I guess I'll join the party! I love looking at everyone's granite. I hope everyone isn't too sick of looking at my granite pics.

Mine is honed Virginia mist, also known as jet mist. It looks so boring compared to the other granites but we really love it.

{{!gwi}}

• jtsgranite4us
    16 years ago

Ours is Vyara Extra. Just posted some pictures of our kitchen on Saturday, Feb. 16, 2008.

Here's one picture with the undercabinet lights on:

• tklahr
    16 years ago

Wow! Some really beautiful granites here. Ours was labeled "Ivory Coast" in the yard but installer said it looks more like "Sagebrush".

Slab before install:

After install (with Molly):

• paddytc
    16 years ago

Hi! I didn't know this thread even existed. I don't know if mine is a granite or a what. Everyone argues about what type of stone it is..It's Pietra Cardosa. Hope everyone is still in love with their choices..

• paul_ma
    16 years ago

No pictures yet. Maybe in about 2-3 weeks.

• jacqueocs
    16 years ago

Wow, LOVE the Golden Mountain. We haven't chose ours yet, but will this summer. Has anyone used "Black Amazon?"

• chipshot
    16 years ago

Black Mosaic Gold and Summer Sky (which is much, much lighter, almost like glacial ice, than what I've seen in photos on the web).

igloochic, is that Pyrolave in your second picture?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• tegs101
    16 years ago

fran1523, I will be getting Giallo Antico in my kitchen as well. I have scoured this forum trying to find others who have used it, but like you, was disappointed to not find anyone! I love this granite for similar reasons you mentioned in your post. My installation is two weeks from yesterday and I CANNOT WAIT.

• fnzzy
    16 years ago

Mine is called Silver Pearl but the slab actually said Black Pearl. I think they are both the same thing. it looks shiny black from a distance but up close it has black, gold, tan and silver flecks in it. Makes it go really well with everything in my kitchen.

• chipshot
    16 years ago

Here's the summer sky. Look familiar to anyone?

• pbrisjar
    16 years ago

Chipshot, that Summer Sky is beautiful.

We've got Arco Balleno in our kitchen. I'm planning on Aqua Verde (a green version of Wild sea) for our master bath.

We're still working on it but you can see a few pics of it on my album (which I should update).

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Kitchen

• lisa_sandiego
    16 years ago

Amarillo Gold

• PattyK
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tegs101...I am the one that started this thread and am so glad it is still going on..we decided on Giallo California and it doesn't seem like anyone else has this one..the guy came today to make the template and he said he has been working 5 years at this yard and has never seen this one..I am guessing it is fairly new..I forgot to take camera when i went to pick it out..tomorrow we are going to set the template on the stone and I will def. take pictures and try to post..

• PattyK
    Original Author
    16 years ago

here is mine ..

Giallo California..I had to stand to the side so as not to have the flash in the picture ..then it was too dark so I lightened it up a bit..when i get it installed i will send more accurate pictures...

• cbreeze
    16 years ago

Wow, everyone's granite is just beautiful.

Coolmom1, can you also email me with name of the yard where you bought your granite ? It's really beautiful and it's the color I am thinking of getting.

Paddytc, I really like your granite and also your cabinets. Can you email me with more pictures of your kitchen or post them here?

My email is cwind202-remodel@yahoo.com. Thanks

• buckingham
    16 years ago

bump

• ezbake
    16 years ago

I don't think there is such a thing as a granite that isn't beautiful! Going to the granite yard is like going to an art museum. We ended up with verde flora and I think it was one of the smartest decisions we made.

• shoezoo
    16 years ago

Does anyone have photos of a kitchen with the black mosaic gold granite installed? It's beautiful but I can't imagine what it looks like installed.

• chipshot
    16 years ago

Shoezoo, we're not installing in a kitchen, but when the time comes (does anyone have a crystal ball I can borrow?) I'll be happy to share a photo of black mosaic gold in a powder room right next to a kitchen. It will be on a white cabinet, surrounded by white beadboard-wainscotted walls and over dark gray ceramic tiles.

By the way, I learned that summer sky "granite" is actually marble. Sorry if I misled anyone. We're still planning on using it. In person it looks like a slice of glacial ice. Dare I say, very cool?

• tegs101
    16 years ago

pattyk, that granite is beautiful! I love the warm tones. I'll have to post a photo of mine once it's installed next week. I'm counting down the days!

• pbrisjar
    16 years ago

Chipshot - that figures. Hubby and I had that issue when we were out slab hunting. Every slab we liked was marble. The Arco Baleno we wound up getting was classified as a marble at the granite yard. However, Hubby did some research and we did some testing (the lemon test) and as far as we can tell it's a quartzite. Regardless, we love it. So far it is holding up well but it did need to be well sealed.

• deedee-2008
    16 years ago

I just picked Emerald Pearl for our kitchen and Angola Blue for the adjacent 1/2 bath. I noticed that my Emerald Pearl doesn't really look like the pictures posted by someone back in 2007. Maybe it's the flash. No installation for at least 4-5 weeks since the demo didn't even begin.

• txcat
    16 years ago

Demifloyd - I love your granite. How porous is it? Have you had any staining issues?

• canuckgal
    16 years ago

Mondragon,
    I have never really *loved* granite and usually don't think it's worth the cost. But seeing your iguana green has left me speechless! It is the most beautiful granite I have *EVER* seen! The movement is amazing. If it was in my kitchen I would just sit and stare at it all day! LOL! Just had to comment!
    Cheryl

• amylville
    16 years ago

Juparana Bordeaux

• adpi4
    16 years ago

I have 2 different granites, The perimeter is a black-grey called Black Pearl, but I have seen it as Silver Pearl too. The island is Verde Borgogna.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• demifloyd
    16 years ago

Thanks, Txcat. The Taupe granite isn't particularly porous. It was sealed when we moved in May of 2005 and I haven't even resealed it and there have been no problems with staining or etching.

• Flowerchild
    16 years ago

Our granite will be Crema Bordeaux

One of our slabs:

• jane2008
    16 years ago

My granite is called Aztec Wave. I looked for it in several other places, without success. I think it is a Jupanara of some sort.
    I really love it. It has lots of movement, and is perfect with my champagne maple cabinets

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

• PattyK
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow Jane that is really beautiful..glad you showed it...

• glad
    16 years ago

so many beautiful stones!
    mine is yellow river

• brody_miasmom
    16 years ago

My granite is called Golden Oak. My kitchen is long since finished, but the best photos I have of my granite are from the "during" phase.

Here is an after (though I don't think the outlets were set). There is a backsplash there, it is Corian routed to look like tile. It looks better in person, but photographs like unfinished drywall.

• deegw
    16 years ago

This is such a great thread. bump

• dd70
    16 years ago

Delicatus

• mrsandrews
    16 years ago

All of these granites are gorgeous! Im so happy I just found this site today.

The front runner for us right now is also Delicatus.
    dd70 would you mind sharing what color cabinets you used w/ this gorgeous slab?