Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FX180 Laminate Blue Storm

Posted by donnasophia (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 12:19

Before/after videos online so I wouldn't have to post so many pictures. (First two of grandson, skip to videos 3 & 4) Https://vimeo.com/user12732009/videos
Blue storm laminate FX180; large pieces were costly but I had no expensive corner cuts (so no seams), saved $$ using plain edges, more realistic anyway. PS got moving packet from post office and used the included Lowes 10% off coupon (on countertop).
A friend removed and repurposed old countertop (no removal or dump fees).
Designed my backsplash and had it put over the old laminate back splash. Large tile over stove was $300 display, I paid $50. Plus I saved on glass tile that would have been used instead.
My kitchen isn't as dark as it appears in videos.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FX180 Laminate Blue Storm

I can't view your videos, but I considered FX180 when redoing our kitchen. How much did you pay? We ended up going with granite because it wasn't that much more.

o

Wow! What a change! Did you refinish your existing cabinets? Did you do it yourself, and how? I also am curious as to the cost of the laminate compared to granite. But, it would have to be the same 'high end' granite, couldn't compare this to a lower cost more common stone.

Last time I was at a kitchen place, had to do a double take to see if their laminate counter display was stone or not. Am quite amazed at how good looking they can be!

o

Yes I stained them myself. I gave more details in this post:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg101215463314.html
So far only one person has not been able to view the videos. These photos were taken before I painted the soffit and wall in a cinnamon pumpkin color.
The FX180 laminate cost around $1400 for material and installation after 10% discount on materials. I chose it because it looked so realistic and doesn't require upkeep. Because I didn't have mitered corners, I had to have straight edges, I love that look anyway.

o

I have about 25 linear feet of counter.

o

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here