Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kraus 1602 faucet, and expressdecor 15% off

Posted by huango (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 12:19

From the thread: "Any recommendations on a reliable, industrial look faucet?"

I have Another question about the Kraus 1602:
when you turn on the main/bottom knob, does the sprayer turn on immediately?
Or do you have to "turn on" the sprayer (by squeezing the handle/clutch part)?

I saw a youtube video where the sprayer turned on as soon as he turned on the faucet, even w/out squeezing the sprayer handle. Is the youtube showing how the Kraus 1602 really work, or did he install it wrongly or is his faucet malfunctioning?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd3YPAf6T5o

Or does the faucet/sprayer function more like this Vigo faucet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k93kV4ZlB5Y&feature=related

I want a faucet sprayer to function like the Vigo one.
(But I like the reviews of Kraus brand, and expressdecor has 15% off right now).

thank you very much,
Amanda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kraus 1602 faucet, and expressdecor 15% off

I had that same faucet, in a rarely used utility sink, and the sprayer failed within a year. Leaking, etc. Then, after being repaired by my plumber, the sprayer was down to a trickle within 2 months.

Also, when it was working, I found the spray a bit too enthusiastic for anyone other than someone who was willing to micromanage it. Meaning, i would hold my breath when my daughter and husband used it. I don't want to live with a faucet like that.

I bought it from Overstock.

o

I've had this faucet for over a year and it's been great. The sprayer has a locking mechanism. In your photo, you can see the hook attached with a screw. If you leave it locked in place, the sprayer comes on as soon as you turn on the faucet. If you leave it unlocked, you have to squeeze the handle for the sprayer. you could conceivable leave the main valve on and both sprayer and faucet head off, both on or either one on or off. We mostly leave the sprayer on and the faucet off.

The Kraus carries a lifetime warranty and customer service has been excellent. I had to use the service once when the vinyl covering on the hose started to yellow for direct sunlight. Kraus sent me a new one and told me that if I had the problem again, they'd replace it again.

o

I didn't watch the videos earlier because I had a bad connection. But I just did and to answer your question, yes the Kraus operates just like the Vigo. I don't know what that guy in the Kraus video was trying to show, but I think he forgot to unlatch the lock keeping the sprayer on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here