Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trailrunnerbiker

Cooking at its best !

trailrunner
11 years ago

The November issue of Cooking Light is out. Our DS1 is the featured Trailblazer Small Town Chef of the Year for the US ! We are so proud. Hope you enjoy the article and pictures. Thank you for letting a Mom brag :) c

Here is a link that might be useful: Trailblazer Small Town Chef of the Year

Comments (28)

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Great article! Your son sounds like a wonderful chef who understands his patrons.

The writer of that article sure likes the word "chops". lol

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

Brag away, Mama, you *should* feel proud! After reading the descriptions of your son's creations, my almond butter sandwich lunch just isn't doing it for me anymore. ;)

• deedles
    11 years ago

Nice article! I'm sure you are proud and thanks for sharing with us.

Two things: can we know what " lemon verbena�compressed watermelon" is and also how about sharing the recipe for the Porchetta with Pon Haus. Anything that is scrapple-esque has to be good. He wouldn't mind sharing with your GW buddies, now would he?

:)

• Linda
    11 years ago

congratulations!!

• springroz
    11 years ago

I'll have to pick that one up! You SHOULD brag to us about these things!!!

Congrats to the family!

Nancy

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

This is great! Congratulations and keep on bragging! Your son and DIL have worked hard, and it's great they are getting this recognition.

DH and I haven't made it to the Red Hen yet--just haven't been able to stay long enough to drive down there after business in the DC area--but it is still at the top of my list when the opportunity arises (hopefully next spring or fall).

• rhome410
    11 years ago

I know I already commented to you personally about this, but I still think it's SO WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Marti...well , you have cooking chops and then pork chops LOL ! Thank you !!

fouramblues: We are having chicken salad :) At least it is on my home made sourdough bread...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree !! Thank you !!

deedles will certainly ask...he is very generous with his recipes . Thank you !! We will be up there Nov 8-15 so will post back.

legal and Nancy ...thank you !! We are indeed so happy for him...he is a hard worker.

flowers...make sure and tell him "Mom" sent you...he loves to meet my GW friends . ! Thank you !! c

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

Oh C... how wonderful to see your boy fulfill his dreams and with such resounding success. I'm so happy for your family.

• eandhl
    11 years ago

As parents you should be so happy for & proud of your son. The resturant sounds wonderful.

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

Congratulations! What a nice article.

• home4all6
    11 years ago

I love that trailrunner's son won the trailblazer award! Congrats to him, and to you :)

Now I am going to change my screen-name to "nobelpeasprize"...

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Elyse !! It is so wonderful to see them do well...a lot of hard work.

Thank you Holly...it is a great place and seems that others think so too, which is a wonderful thing.

Thank you cavimum !!

home4all6: LOL !! that is so cute ! I hadn't even noticed...I love your screen name !

DS1 with the next generation --chef in the making !!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

That is great!!!
    Love DS1 and GS also!
    Congratulations on being a great mom and GM!

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I am delighted to read that your son uses the entire pig! My parents were pork and beef producers, and I know the many cuts/uses.

Brag on proud mama!!!

• rosie
    11 years ago

Ah, thanks for the smiles, Trailrunner. You're beaming, of course. Congratulations. This is...an enormous achievement.

• lalithar
    11 years ago

How wonderful.. Now we can claim that GW kitchens actually produces great chefs :)

I love how they called him a trailblazer.. seems eminently apt that he is trailrunner's son :)

Lalitha

• function_first
    11 years ago

Your GS is adorable! Congrats to your son, how cool and what an honor! How wonderful as a mom to see your kids doing what they love and doing it well, too, huh? That's what we really do/endure all of this for, isn't it? Happy for you to have this happy "mom moment", too! Congrats to the whole family! :-)

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

a2: thank you...the greatest pleasure is seeing him as Dad...he is wonderful.

motherof3: DS would love to talk to your family ! He visits the pigs that he buys as they are growing before they are butchered. He wants to know where it all comes from. He cuts meat the French way and has taught his local butchers to do the same. Very different than in the US. Maybe you will get to VA. Thank you !

rosie and kris : thank you !! It is sure a wonderful Mom and Dad moment.

lalitha: thank you .you are the 2nd person to point that out..I completely missed it LOL ! Quite a day for us all. c

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

That is the cutest baby picture ever!!! Adorable. Congrats to the Chef! Thanks so much for sharing Trail.

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thank you gr8day !! I have been on vacation with DH in GA. Just saw your post. He is indeed a precious baby. We are so lucky to have them all. Glad you enjoyed. c

• dilly_ny
    11 years ago

I am so glad you shared this with us and bragging is sometime worthwhile. Baby chef is adorable! Congratulations to DS1!

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

will look for it to pick up... after I go thru it I'll send it on to my son with a note to stop in there if he gets in the area. He likes to travel so it's always good to know where there is a good place to eat!

congrats to your ds and DIL and you and your dh - awesome!

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thank you dilly ! Just skyped with baby and family. He picked out "his " pumpkin...so precious.

steph..thank you ! I hope your son gets to stop in...maybe you need to make a trip with him !! DS just told me that a lady on the local gardening club said she "knew" me from GW !! I guess I am everywhere. I am so glad that others have enjoyed this post. c

• sochi
    11 years ago

What a wonderful article, and what a talented son you have! And an adorable grandson. I just wish I was a little closer so I could try the restaurant out. Congratulations to DS1 and his wife.

• peonybush
    11 years ago

I read the article in the magazine this weekend. Who knew this was your son!
    Thanks for sharing with us and congrats to all. How wonderful. And speaking of wonderful....the baby--oh my!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

One of these weeks, WE WILL make a road trip down to your son's restaurant:) Love reading about your son's successes and have a ridiculous grin on my face as I look at your grandson's pictures.

• Jody
    11 years ago

Carolyn ... Kudos to your son. What a great article. And Baby Chef s absolutely adorable!!!!

Jody