Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cooking at its best !

Posted by trailrunner (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 12:08

The November issue of Cooking Light is out. Our DS1 is the featured Trailblazer Small Town Chef of the Year for the US ! We are so proud. Hope you enjoy the article and pictures. Thank you for letting a Mom brag :) c

Here is a link that might be useful: Trailblazer Small Town Chef of the Year

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cooking at its best !

Great article! Your son sounds like a wonderful chef who understands his patrons.

The writer of that article sure likes the word "chops". lol

o

Brag away, Mama, you *should* feel proud! After reading the descriptions of your son's creations, my almond butter sandwich lunch just isn't doing it for me anymore. ;)

o

Nice article! I'm sure you are proud and thanks for sharing with us.

Two things: can we know what " lemon verbena�compressed watermelon" is and also how about sharing the recipe for the Porchetta with Pon Haus. Anything that is scrapple-esque has to be good. He wouldn't mind sharing with your GW buddies, now would he?

:)

o

congratulations!!

o

I'll have to pick that one up! You SHOULD brag to us about these things!!!

Congrats to the family!

Nancy

o

This is great! Congratulations and keep on bragging! Your son and DIL have worked hard, and it's great they are getting this recognition.

DH and I haven't made it to the Red Hen yet--just haven't been able to stay long enough to drive down there after business in the DC area--but it is still at the top of my list when the opportunity arises (hopefully next spring or fall).

o

I know I already commented to you personally about this, but I still think it's SO WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Marti...well , you have cooking chops and then pork chops LOL ! Thank you !!

fouramblues: We are having chicken salad :) At least it is on my home made sourdough bread...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree !! Thank you !!

deedles will certainly ask...he is very generous with his recipes . Thank you !! We will be up there Nov 8-15 so will post back.

legal and Nancy ...thank you !! We are indeed so happy for him...he is a hard worker.

flowers...make sure and tell him "Mom" sent you...he loves to meet my GW friends . ! Thank you !! c

o

Oh C... how wonderful to see your boy fulfill his dreams and with such resounding success. I'm so happy for your family.

o

As parents you should be so happy for & proud of your son. The resturant sounds wonderful.

o

Congratulations! What a nice article.

o

I love that trailrunner's son won the trailblazer award! Congrats to him, and to you :)

Now I am going to change my screen-name to "nobelpeasprize"...

o

Thank you Elyse !! It is so wonderful to see them do well...a lot of hard work.

Thank you Holly...it is a great place and seems that others think so too, which is a wonderful thing.

Thank you cavimum !!

home4all6: LOL !! that is so cute ! I hadn't even noticed...I love your screen name !

DS1 with the next generation --chef in the making !!

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

That is great!!!
Love DS1 and GS also!
Congratulations on being a great mom and GM!

o

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I am delighted to read that your son uses the entire pig! My parents were pork and beef producers, and I know the many cuts/uses.

Brag on proud mama!!!

o

Ah, thanks for the smiles, Trailrunner. You're beaming, of course. Congratulations. This is...an enormous achievement.

o

How wonderful.. Now we can claim that GW kitchens actually produces great chefs :)

I love how they called him a trailblazer.. seems eminently apt that he is trailrunner's son :)

Lalitha

o

Your GS is adorable! Congrats to your son, how cool and what an honor! How wonderful as a mom to see your kids doing what they love and doing it well, too, huh? That's what we really do/endure all of this for, isn't it? Happy for you to have this happy "mom moment", too! Congrats to the whole family! :-)

o

a2: thank you...the greatest pleasure is seeing him as Dad...he is wonderful.

motherof3: DS would love to talk to your family ! He visits the pigs that he buys as they are growing before they are butchered. He wants to know where it all comes from. He cuts meat the French way and has taught his local butchers to do the same. Very different than in the US. Maybe you will get to VA. Thank you !

rosie and kris : thank you !! It is sure a wonderful Mom and Dad moment.

lalitha: thank you .you are the 2nd person to point that out..I completely missed it LOL ! Quite a day for us all. c

o

That is the cutest baby picture ever!!! Adorable. Congrats to the Chef! Thanks so much for sharing Trail.

o

thank you gr8day !! I have been on vacation with DH in GA. Just saw your post. He is indeed a precious baby. We are so lucky to have them all. Glad you enjoyed. c

o

I am so glad you shared this with us and bragging is sometime worthwhile. Baby chef is adorable! Congratulations to DS1!

o

will look for it to pick up... after I go thru it I'll send it on to my son with a note to stop in there if he gets in the area. He likes to travel so it's always good to know where there is a good place to eat!

congrats to your ds and DIL and you and your dh - awesome!

o

thank you dilly ! Just skyped with baby and family. He picked out "his " pumpkin...so precious.

steph..thank you ! I hope your son gets to stop in...maybe you need to make a trip with him !! DS just told me that a lady on the local gardening club said she "knew" me from GW !! I guess I am everywhere. I am so glad that others have enjoyed this post. c

o

What a wonderful article, and what a talented son you have! And an adorable grandson. I just wish I was a little closer so I could try the restaurant out. Congratulations to DS1 and his wife.

o

I read the article in the magazine this weekend. Who knew this was your son!
Thanks for sharing with us and congrats to all. How wonderful. And speaking of wonderful....the baby--oh my!

o

One of these weeks, WE WILL make a road trip down to your son's restaurant:) Love reading about your son's successes and have a ridiculous grin on my face as I look at your grandson's pictures.

o

Carolyn ... Kudos to your son. What a great article. And Baby Chef s absolutely adorable!!!!

Jody

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here