Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bmorepanic

Now, with even more Progress pictures

bmorepanic
13 years ago

We have just about finished the pantry. I still have to find or build a wood box on casters to go under the base baskets for soda and wine bottles. Some other little doodahs never before seen are the kitchen table, the winning tile sample for the small backsplash, towel bar, long distance views, the freshened adjoining bath and the trash. I'm thinking we're the only non-industry group who gets excited about trash.

Our to-dos are the toe kick boards (the chocolate brown and black test samples), final floor finish (entire first floor being refinished), tile backsplash over the range and some kinda home organizer over the kitchen table to complete the kitchen.

Add in painting a few more rooms, two more radiators, curtains, some dining room furniture and a sofa to complete the entire inside recovery from the insulation installation problems, having to rebuild the enclosed porch and of course a first floor decorating refresh. We still have to paint the outside of the house, which is what we started off to do summer of 2009, but that can wait for spring.

These are raw pictures. I did pick up, but not clean - I know it's real apparent. My personal fav is the very prominent toilet cleaning brush!

Slide show

Comments (11)

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

I want your bathroom floor! What is it?

Where did you find those white baskets? I need some.

If I could have seen this a year ago, I'd have a few more pictures in my inspiration file! Doesn't it make you just grin to think about it! I never thought I feel this way about my kitchen and bathroom!

• jterrilynn
    13 years ago

A kitchen all will love, stylin and comforable at the same time.

• lisa_a
    13 years ago

Love it! I can't wait to see more.

Your kitchen table and chairs are adorable. Did you adapt a round table to fit or did you find this ready to go?

I just realized I was so enamored with your changes that I missed spotting the toilet brush. When DS2 was in kindergarten, we gave him a disposable camera. One of his most ... artistic, yeah, we'll go with that word ... shots is a full-on view of our powder room's toilet with the lid up. He took it in for show and tell at school! Subject aside, it was a really good photo, well framed, lighted, etc. But thank goodness, the toilet was clean!

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

I'm in love with your pantry!!! Truly bmore... everything is so well thought out and executed. I just love it.

• John Liu
    13 years ago

Wonderful! My favorite part is the work shelf above the prep counter. Great detail. The trash system has me hyperventilating too.

• rhome410
    13 years ago

Toilet brushes are a fact of life. It's OK that we know you clean. ;-)

Things I love:

Kitchen table
    Dish shelves and towel bar
    PANTRY!
    Prep zone
    Extended sill shelf in the bathroom
    The homey, comfy color scheme and great trim detail

• bmorepanic
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm glad you all like it. Its been hard to own the style. Like I've always wanted to be creative, but haven't tried because I've believed I ain't no good at it. Still not a patch on most of you, but we really like this room.

Answers!
    The tile is linked below - it's from Antiche Civilta. Its paired with mocha colored grout.

The table was a group effort - its partly a kit from tablelegs.com and partly a local woodworker who fabricated the top. I designed it. The handy dude installed it. dh paid for it. The table can be removed or raised a bit for a rug if we want one. Seats 3 easily. Chairs are from restoration hardware.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faro Ceramiche

• bmorepanic
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, and the white plastic baskets are from ikea.

They started the catalog year with semi-transparent red ones - but apparently they were discontinued and replaced with white ones. Plus, there are black ones with the recycling stuff.

• lascatx
    13 years ago

Looks great. It's very comfortable (which I prefer over the very formal) with thoughtful use of space. You have nothing to apologize for. It's charming and looks very functional. Really.

• Stacey Collins
    13 years ago

Love it. I just sent a couple links to my friend, whose kitchen I am helping with....

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

What a wonderful kitchen!! I too love the shelves in the prep area, your open shelves with the towel bar (great place for the paper towels!), your pantry (inspired!), and the cup nook above the coffee pot! I want to see more!! Your BS tile will be a beautiful warm addition!