Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Soapstone Fabricator in the DC/Balt/Frederick area

Posted by peridot44 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 11:42

Title of the post is self-explanatory. Would appreciate any names you can provide.

Also, I'd be interested in bad reviews, as much as good ones. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Soapstone Fabricator in the DC/Balt/Frederick are

You're in luck. Some spammer has resurrected 4 threads on fabricators in your area this morning. One of them is specifically soapstone. Check them out, just ignore the spammer at the end of each thread.

o

I am using a female-owned business in Upper Marlboro (actually on the south side of Bowie) in MD. They have let me pay in advance, like a layaway for my bathroom marble and I'm starting to pay them for the soapstone for my kitchen.

Their name is Granite Grannies, owned by Laurie. (Can't remember her last name, but it's not Granny!)

The work in my bathroom was evidently very custom. Set them back a bit to think about it, but they came through. I think my bathroom double vanity (88" long), my window cabinets (54" wide), my show seat (36"x 17") and my two window sills (why not!) are absolutely perfect. They matched grain, they polished beautifully, and I love it.

I know they travel a lot around the area, and they've done a lot of historical work. That is how they came to soapstone. I can't wait until I've paid 1/2, because then they'll fabricate. I just continue to pay them.

They know my story and are kind about my struggles to get my home done. They said they realized I'd never have the $1000s to do all I'd like to do. They also understand "done once, done right". And I should be able to accomplish what *I* want in my home. So... they let me just send them money all the time.

Anyway, they're kind, their work is beautiful, and I recommend them highly.

And this is not spam.

o

Gotta check out Bucks County Soapstone! They are awesome, only handle soapstone and they LOVE soapstone. They travel down to your area. Checkout their website, and a visit to their showroom should be about 2 hours from you.

HTH

o

I used Bucks County Soapstone of Perkasie, PA.

I'm in Ohio and the project went fine - I'm sure they'll work with you in your location. Give them a call.

Doc

Here is a link that might be useful: Bucks County Soapstone

o

I went to Masterpieces in Beltsville, MD last week. My contractor sent me there to look at our different options. I'm pretty sure they had soapstone and they do list it on their website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Masterpieces

o

I heard wonderful things about Designer Surfaces in Frederick from some other local people who used them. I know they do great work.

o

Designer surfaces in Frederick is a fabricator/ distributor for Green Mountain Soapstone

o

Thanks for the replies. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here