Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
range wall hood/cabinets configuration

Posted by home4all6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 11:29

I'm hoping to get finished plans tonight so I can post the kitchen layout here for discussion, but in the meantime, I have an issue I can't resolve...
I'm having trouble deciding how to configure the cabinets around my range hood. I have a 48" bluestar range, and a 48" bluestar proline hood in stainless steel. I had intended to have the cabinets butt-up to the hood, but now I realize I need a few inches of clearance on each side of the range. I should have a bigger hood, but I already have this one...
So, what can I do to make this work?
My ceilings are only 8'5". I'm planning to have 42" uppers.
I've linked to a picture of the general idea of what I had hoped to do...but now I don't think I can.
One idea I had was a skinny cabinet to either side of the hood, that goes from the bottom of the hood up to the ceiling height, to hold spices, oils, etc? But I can't find a single pic of this...so it might look ridiculous! Or have the hood stand alone, but you never see that with this style of hood--only chimney style, right?
Any suggestions on what might work? Or canI just place the cabinets the way I originally intended? I really don't want to a bigger hood...
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: range wall hood/cabinets configuration

I'm not sure why you think you need clearance between the upper cabs and the hood.
Here's a shot of my 36" Bluestar range & hood setup.

No clearance necessary
HTH.

o

willtv,
Ok, thanks for that! I looked at so many ranges, and some of them DID specify you needed additional clearance above, but now I see that the Bluestar doens't say that...hmmm, interesting. So I guess I will be ok with my original plan...phew! I'm relieved!
I love your spunky black and white backsplash!

o

According to page 7 of Bluestar's installation manual, as long as you have 18" from your countertop to the bottom of your upper cabs you should be OK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here