Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how much to move plumbing across a galley kitchen?

Posted by nasancheyev (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 11:25

I have a galley kitchen I'll be renovating soon, and I'm interested in moving the sink to the otherside, where there currently is no plumbing. I'd be ripping up the floor, too. Below the kitchen is unfinished basement, with exposed plumbing.

And, if I have an electric stove, does it need more than just access to electrical to run? I'm interested in adding a wall oven to the other side, too.

I have contractors coming to look in a week, but I'm eager to know if my big plans are totally going to blow my budget : )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how much to move plumbing across a galley kitchen?

We had a galley kitchen before removing a wall and were quoted $2-3k to move the plumbing to another area of our now much larger/open kitchen. We decided it wasn't worth it, so we're keeping the sink/dishwasher as is and moving the cooktop/wall ovens instead. For electric, they ran new wires and added an appliance outlet for each appliance. We're in the DC area and we're finding out that our GC's prices are a bit pricey, so hopefully it's not this high where you are!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here