Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathy6421

Kitchen corner base cabinet

kathy6421
9 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and I am looking at possibly having an angled corner cabinet with a straight front and drawers that go straight in, rather than a lazy susan etc.

I cannot find anything that gives dimensions for one. I can find dimensions for a corner sink cabinet, but not one with drawers that go straight in.

Does anyone have drawers like this, that could tell me the dimensions(how far out on each wall-36? 42? and the front width) or a site that shows the dimensions.

Are the dimensions just like a corner sink base cabinet? Are there different standard sizes like a sink cabinet(36, 38, 42)?

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (9)

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

I have an angled corner, with a super susan and a drawer on top. The cabinet box is 36"x36"; I'm not home right now, or I'd measure the front face. I know the drawer isn't as wide as the one in the 20" cab next to it. My cabinets were built by a local cabinet maker, so he could do whatever I asked for, in any dimension.

Are corner drawers the most efficient use of the space? In my other corner, I closed off the corner completely, and put drawers on both sides, which I love.

I had two goals with my angled corner cabinet (which is not very popular at GW): I wanted a knife drawer above, and I wanted some extra counter depth to allow room for a counter MW in the corner.

If drawers are the best option, I would much rather angle the cabinet than use drawers with a V front.

• kathy6421
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't care for the drawers with the V front. I'm thinking an angled corner cabinet that is straight on the front with drawers that go straight in like regular drawers, like in this photo.

I'd like to know if anyone has them and if so what the different sizes for the cabinet are(same as corner sink? 36, 39, 42) or different and front dimension.

Is there a site anyone knows of that shows dimensions for corner drawers like this?

• pamela233
    9 years ago

Wow. I would like to know more about that too. I think it is a wonderful idea.

• rebecca51
    9 years ago

I originally wanted an angled corner with a super susan like annkh has. We went with what she has in the other corner, closing the corner off and putting drawers on both sides.

• kathy6421
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Anyone have angled cabinet in the corner with drawers? If so, what are the dimensions?

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

I have a 42" corner sink cabinet, with a tilt out tray at the top below the sink, although if it were a bank of drawers the dimension would be the same. The opening for the tilt out, and doors below is 22.5" Mine are face frame construction, if you are going frameless, you will net more width. From inside corner to inside corner it is about 25.5"
    ... I did a little geometry layout, and with a 39" base you will get about 21" across the diagonal, and with 36" you will get about 17" then less whatever face frame width if applicable. Hope that helps...
    Edit to add- these dimensions are based on standard 24" deep base cabinets, (deeper bases will lessen the diagonal dimension)

This post was edited by ctycdm on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 17:11

• PRO
    The Boulia Gorrell Custom Design Center
    9 years ago

Maybe this will help

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

Not sure if this will help but I thought I'd share my corner cooktop with drawers below. The base cabinet is 36" wide.

I had the same configuration in our previous home and really liked it so duplicated it in our new build. As you can see, the cabinet is push back about 4".

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

nhbaskets, I love your kitchen!