Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cooktop/range installation question

Posted by ali80ca (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 11:08

I am curious how far from your countertop edge is the center of your first burner? I am setting our cooktop back from the edge to achieve a few things. It seems normal to me as our old stove was quite deep and there was a fair distance between the front and the first burner. I am happy with my decision but am now curious as to what most have. Please state what type of cooktop you have (induction, gas, electric).

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cooktop/range installation question

First of all, are you doing a cooktop or range? And how deep are your counters? Standard counters are 25 1/2" and doesn't leave but a couple of inches at the front and back for the standard depth cooktop. You'd have to have deeper than standard cabinets to be able to push it back more than that.

o

Follow the appliance manufacturer's installation instructions.

o

o

o

Live_wire_oak its an island situation but I honestly was more interested in how far back most elements are. My old stove likely had 6 inches from the edge to front of element. I don't think that is normal but really don't know. Induction cooktops in displays often seem really close to the edge to me.
Trebruchet...and that has what to do with my question?

o

First of all, are you doing a cooktop or range? And how deep are your counters? Standard counters are 25 1/2" and doesn't leave but a couple of inches at the front and back for the standard depth cooktop. You'd have to have deeper than standard cabinets to be able to push it back more than that.

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here