Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
(semi-OT) Blender in Little Paris Kitchen

Posted by writersblock (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 11:08

I really enjoyed watching The Little Paris Kitchen episodes that were linked in the Bigger Kitchens thread, but one thing I'm terribly curious about--does anyone know what that monster stick blender is that she uses, and if there's anything like that available in the US?

I have the Kitchen-Aid version, and it for sure would short out and die if I tried to blend a raw chicken breast in the food processor attachment, the way she does with hers.

Oh, and thanks very much, bmorepanic, for posting the link. For those who missed it, here it is again, although the mighty blender doesn't really show its stuff until the second or third episode.

Here is a link that might be useful: Little Paris Kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: (semi-OT) Blender in Little Paris Kitchen

Hmmm. Could be a commercial product here in the states. I have a pretty big one, thanks to DH who works in the restaurant supply business. I watched two epis of that charming woman cooking in her adorable kitchen but didn't see the stick. Can you point to a specific epi?

I somehow missed this show on that other thread as I've been busy lately. Thanks for the intro. I can't wait to find the time to watch the remaining epis!

o

Thanks, breezy. Here, if you start watching about one minute in:

Here is a link that might be useful: chicken soup

o

Robot Coupe makes a variable speed stick blender for a mere $651.49 (but with free shipping, LOL), link below.

And Waring makes a cheapie available at Amazon for only $319.95: the Waring Immersion Blender, Heavy Duty.

Here is a link that might be useful: Robot Coupe MP 450 TURBO VV Commercial Power Mixer

o

I believe hers is the Elux French model, available in the US as a Frigidaire.

o

Thanks, jkom51 and jscout. None of those look exactly like it, but they all can evidently do at least some of what it does.

o

It is an Electrolux. From an interview with her:

I do admire your super blender, can you tell me what make it is please?

My 'super blender' is from Electrolux. I have in the past had a Braun handblender to.

Here is a link that might be useful: TOP COOKING TIPS FROM RACHEL KHOO

o

Thanks, dekeoboe. I guess they have a different model for Europe, or maybe it's an older one. Very interesting article--I was wondering about how she was able to run a restaurant in her apartment.

o

Here you go.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frigidaire Professional Immersion Hand Blender/Mixer

o

Thanks, jscout. I had actually found that from your first reference. Perhaps it's a newer model--it does claim to do all the things she was doing (but not unless you chop the meat first), but it's not so chunky. Better looking anyway.

Does anyone here happen to have the frigidaire? My kitchenaid also claims to do a lot of that stuff, but it doesn't, not readily.

o

The difference is probably partly due to 120v vs 240v. The US model is 200 watts. There are several French models and they get as high as 700 watts. Yeah, I had considered installing a 220 EU style outlet in my kitchen so we could use some of the great European gadgets. Our European electric kettles boiled water much faster and I got spoiled.

o

Thanks, dekeoboe. I somehow missed your post before. That would explain it.

o

Wish I thought to put a 240 in the kitchen. DM brought back an early panini press from Ireland and DD added the outlet. Fond memories of DD. For now, only memories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here