Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carebear3117

Backsplash tile question

carebear3117
9 years ago

We are scheduled to have our kitchen backsplash installed by our building (a shiny ceramic subway tile) but we were recently told that the stone liner that we choose for the top of the backsplash is discontinued. We have two choices and wonder what would be the better way to go. We can either have our builder install the subway tile and leave the top edge raw so we can later add a liner to finish off the top or we can remove the entire backplash and have a full backsplash installed later on our own. What I am wondering is if a stone liner tile can be added to an existing backsplash without problems or if it is better to just do the entire backsplash all at once. We have to decide today to let the builder know. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Comments (2)

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I think what you're proposing is to just do a few rows of subway tile and then finish it off with a trim piece. Is that correct? That sounds like a bathroom backsplash to me. I'd just tile the entire backslash at a later date.

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

Agree with may_flowers; would prefer a full backsplash to the bottom of the cabinets be installed at a later date.