Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

Granite fabricator recommendations around greater Philly area?

beaglesdoitbetter1
12 years ago

We're having some problems finding a fabricator. Does anyone in the greater Philly/surrounding area have someone they are happy with that they could recommend? In particular we are looking for someone who is great at seams.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (12)

• efc54
    12 years ago

We used Gravena Tile, in the Manyunk area. The fabricator's name was Ralph. I was happy with his work--there were not many seams, but I thought they were well done.

• sprtphntc7a
    12 years ago

we used imperial marble and granite.

we only have one seam and it was done well. you can see it but there is so much movement in our granite with multiple colors, i don't think they could have done it any better.

they templated it well and really bookmarked the granite superbly for our full backsplash. the installers were wonderful and soooo careful!

another good one i heard is majesty in aston. we were going to use them but their price was higher than imperial. another good one is in kennett square, recommended by beekeeperswife. i just didn't get the chance to drive out there. sorry i can't recall the name, but google it if that's a possibility for you

we picked our slab out from a distributor, so we had to get our own fabrctr.

if you have any more questions, let me know. i researched it to death...lol

best of luck!!!!

• wkate640
    12 years ago

I used Colonial Marble and Granite in King of Prussia. They do it all. Their prices are very reasonable and for that reason alone I used them to update my kitchen to help sell my house when I put it on the market. We were certainly leery because their prices are so low, but believe it or not, we received an absolutely perfect job. No seams were necessary due to the layout of the kitchen.

• sprtphntc7a
    12 years ago

beagles,
    afer reading your post on bahacca thread, imperial and majesty will fabricate granite if bought thru another dealer. of course, there will be a charge, b/c they have to transport it. (they r not going to to it for free).. majesty also said " if you need a slab and a half, you have to but 2 full slabs from other distributor. but if you buy from us, you only buy what you need."

i guess this wont apply to you since u already have your slabs.

the one in kennett sq. is stone masters, im pretty sure.

if you have any other questions, just let me know. i'll try to help if i can.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks. I'll call these places and especially Imperial if they will fabricate the slabs I already have. I don't expect them to do it for free.

I cannot express what a nightmare this whole granite process has been :(

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

sprtphntc can you post a pic of your seam if you have one around?
    Thanks!

• sprtphntc7a
    12 years ago

i will try...have never posted pic before...have to figure out

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks sprtphntc. If it is easier, you can email me the pic. Available from my contact page or calexis 0124 at gmail dot com (without the spaces and using the symbols where the words are).

I called them this afternoon and sent over my drawings and she was nice enough to email me back and let me know she wouldn't be able to quote me until tomorrow, which is unique in a world of people who I have found never call me back!

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

beagles, check out Stone Masters in Kennett Square. Honestly, they do such great work. Have sent friends to them, and when other people see the work they cannot believe it. Pride in craftsmanship.

Ask for Anne Marie, tell her Karen with the Bianco Antico sent you. She will remember me.

Here is a link that might be useful: stone masters

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks beekeeperswife. I'll call them tomorrow. I can't remember if you have seams in your kitchen, do you know how their seams are?

• Ozone89
    12 years ago

I'm a Plumbing & Heating contractor, and I saw this thread while looking for alternatives to do granite in our new home. I've hooked up sinks to granite from Colonial Marble - Santoro - Imperial - Addesso - etc from our area.

I got a price from Stonemasters (very nice people and very Professional) but I couldn't justify the $1,700.00 price difference between them and Colonial. Colonial offered us more for our money than Stonemasters, and I couldn't ignore that fact while going through the process. I live by the old adage "You get what you pay for"...and if Colonial was that bad, they would even be in the conversation for me. If the gap was much closer, I would of absolutely used Stonemasters to do our granite, but I will absolutely keep them in mind for my next project.

I've seen people rip Colonial marble, and they even made a small mistake on my fathers home, but they do nice as work as well. I've even asked my customers what their thoughts were on Colonial marble...and it was overwhelmingly more positive than negative. One of the best Kitchen renovation companies, in the Norristown area that does high end kitchens on the main line, uses Colonial marble, and for me that speaks volumes, cause their reputation is on the line as well.

Anyone that goes to the King of Prussia Mall, can go to the food court, and see the yards and yards of granite installed by Colonial.

The bottom line is...for our area, ALL of the companies generally do nice work. I've seen most of their work, but the key for any company is standing behind their mistakes. I move in my new home in 2 weeks, then the granite will be installed, so I will be paying attention to the installation from Colonial Marble. If by some chance Colonial does me wrong and does a terrible installation, I will absolutely come back and do a follow up. However, I've seen way too much of their work to think other wise.

One thing to keep in mind, and I requested this with Colonial...for template, I want a lazer template, not the old school way of doing things. It was a deal breaker for me, and I have it in my contract with Colonial.

I know this thread is almost a year old, but I wanted to give my opinion for those coming behind me looking for reviews.

• rdw829
    11 years ago

Ozone - how was yuour experience with Colonial?

I have been warned to stay away from them. We have also looked at Top Granite in KOP, and based on this thread, I was planning to contact Impreial - and possibly Gravena in Manayunk, which I saw mentioned elsewhere and which a KD friend recommended.

Any other recs in the suburban Philly / Montgomery County area?