Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heidia_gw

most affordable 36 inch range?

heidia
11 years ago

I have narrowed it down to electrolux and kitchenaid...any others? Wolf/viking just too pricey for us. thx!

Comments (9)

• User
    11 years ago

Well, the Frigidaire is certainly "more affordable", but it's, well, a Frigidaire and pretty crappy. Look at Bertazzoni if you value looks. If you value performance, look at NXR, Capital, or Blue Star. Those will actually give you the ability to sear your stir fry. But, ALL of these will need an upgraded ventilation system, and that upgraded ventilation system may possibly need make-up air in your location. You're not picking something in isolation here. It's all chosen to work together.

• deeageaux
    11 years ago

Most affordable Electrolux and KitchenAid 36" range are....

Electrolux ICON Professional E36GF76JPS 36" Range is $5.2K?

KitchenAid KDRS467VSS is $5.8K?

Below is a Capital Culinarian 36" range for $4,999 with free delivery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Capital Range

• heidia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hollyrpings, thanks for the info-will look into the other brands. :) As for the frigidaire, it is a faux 36 inch in that the oven dimensions are that of a 30 inch. The Bertazonni is only 3.6 cu. ft. I actually looked inside one, and it was so short! I don't think I could fit my dutch oven in it. :(

Deegeaux and Springroz, I will look into the captial and dcs! Thanks!

• tracie.erin
    11 years ago

Costco.com is selling the NXR now. When I was looking into ranges, only Costco only sold it on their Canadian site and would not sell it to me. The NXR has open burners which is a big plus. There have been some threads in the Appliances forum about this; actually, I would search your question there as that's really the best place for it.

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR 36

• nini804
    11 years ago

We have the KA 36" dual fuel and really love it. Is that the one you are looking at? I think it is very pro-looking, and like the convection feature in the oven and the griddle on top.

• dilly_ny
    11 years ago

I bought a 36" Verona floor model for about $3,200. Can't say I'm loving it, but its fine. I miss the digital controls on my old GE Profile range. And the center burner is round, not oblong like my GE was. The round is meant for a wok, but that's not something I use.

• alwaysfixin
    11 years ago

Tracie.erin - the NXR is a good price, but you said it has open burners. It does not.

• kompy
    11 years ago

Try finding a local dealer for Fivestar Range. You can order factory direct at around $6,000. But I was able to get mine for less from a local distributor. I think the factory prices them a little higher so not to upset their distributors...yet service people that don't have a dealer near them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fivestar