Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gold, red, battleship gray, hot pink, green.... all playing nice

Posted by mamadadapaige (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 10:49

My wallpaper went up yesterday and when I came home and saw it I almost fainted - I love it so much! The red in the wall paper matches the red cabinets. The background of the wallpaper is a metallic gold and then there is green and hot pink too! We painted the ceiling metallic gold to pick up off of the background of the wallpaper.

The countertops are walnut - sort of a rich brown. So many colors but I think they are working so nicely together and I was just excited to share the picture with y'all.

I hope you like it. The kitchen is being painted now - almost done!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gold, red, battleship gray, hot pink, green.... all playing n

So fantastic!!! I love it when a plan comes together.

o

I like the wallpaper. Could you take a picture back further with better lighting? I'd like to see more!
Diane

o

I love fun wallpaper! I can't wait to see the rest of your kitchen , from what I could see through the doorway it looks fab!

o

Fabulous!

o

It is very fun, can't wait to see more. I love touches of large format wallpaper, they're like a present.

o

So is this your butler's pantry? Wonderful!! Brave choices...It's great to have fun in a space like that. LOVE the red cabs. I, too, would like to see more.

o

Like it? No, sorry. Not al all. I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but it looks.....oohhh...what's the word.....

AMAZING!! I love it! I always wanted a cute little powder room to do something fun like that. Never had one or a butler's pantry.

I've been thinking of papering a wall in my entryway once we have enough money to buy new furniture for the living and family rooms that both are adjacent and open to the entry so I know what pattern would work with those two rooms. For now, I'll just enjoy your whimsical yet elegant paper.

Keep the pics coming! I can't wait to see what I know will be another inspirational kitchen.

o

Ooooooohhhhhh - gorgeous!
I love how much fun you're packing into that little space. It's the perfect area to go a little crazy in (in a good way!).

o

FUN!

o

thanks everyone... i will post more pics as soon as all the workers stuff is out of the way. the carpenters still have to put the panels on the appliances and i have to put the glass in those butler pantry cabinets but want to wait until the dust settles. hardware still has to go on the cabinets, etc. etc. - almost done though. can't wait!

o

whoa...I was all prepared to say...huh...yuk...but WOW !! It looks amazing. Just goes to show a picture is worth...1000 words ! c

o

Shazam!!!!

It is awesome! Tell me about the metallic ceiling paint if you can. I'm thinking about doing my dining room ceiling in silver, but not sure what to use to really get a good look. Yours (what I can see) looks great!

Can't wait to see more!

o

thanks trailrunner and bee!

bee, here is the process for the metallic ceiling. i took a sample of my wallpaper to the paint store and found a regular color that was a close match to the color of background of the wallpaper (in my case it was Mortar by C2). then I chose a jar of Modern Master metallic paint that was a close match to the background of the wallpaper (in my case it was called Champagne). So the regular paint goes on first as a base and then the metallic over it - the metallic is sort of transulcent which is why it needs a base paint first.

Linking the paint company below. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Modern Master paint

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here