Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying cabinet accessories from another dealer

Posted by nikmik (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 10:44

Is there much difference in cost and quality if I were to buy my roll out shelves, garbage and pantry from Rev A Shelf or Hafele instead of the cabinet manufacter? I plan on asking for an itemized list so I can compare apples vs apples. If my carpenter is installing the accessories from the cabinet manuf he can just as easily install from an aftermarket seller. Any opionions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying cabinet accessories from another dealer

Cabinet mfg will always cost more. Aftermarket you only get warranty from supplier and may lose mfg warranty on cabinet (check first varies)
My experience is I only do that as a cost saving measure on DIY so check with installer re labor and some do not like doing that.

o

bump

o

if you install rev a shelf roll outs according to their specs why would that void a warranty on a cabinet? But the cabinet manufacturer might have a more solid rollout tray and better glides, also various side heights on the roll out tray. the roll out chrome caddies for underneath the sink,I think should be fine chosen from assorted styles at hafele,etc,after the plumbing is set-because you wouldn't know how the space is exactly configured until all that is done by plumber,anyway.

o

Can't say why, just know sme do so check. Do lots of aftermarket under sinks, but whether factory or after I always specify the plumbing.
Other thing to check if not getting from whoever supplies the cabinets is who will be responsible for correct fit?

o

While most cabinet manufacturers products are more expensive up front, by the time you add in the installer's labor to put the accessories in, you will have spent more money and time than you would if you just ordered everything from the manufacturer. Also, many accessories, like lazy susans, are only installable while the cabinet is being constructed as the doors of the cabinets aren't large enough to get the turntables through after the fact.

o

My cabinet maker uses rav a shelf and he is a semi custom manufacturer.. He allows multiple interior manufacturers. I had to let them know which I wished to use before manufacturing began.

o

My cabinet maker uses rav a shelf and he is a semi custom manufacturer.. He allows multiple interior manufacturers. I had to let them know which I wished to use before manufacturing began.

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here