Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3x6 or 2x8 tile for my kitchen

Posted by IliN (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 10:43

I have found my dream tile, finally! It's a Mexican handpainted tile. Hoping to get it ordered today. I am just stuck on the size. I was sure I was doing 3x6 subway however the sample board I picked up at the store has 2x8 subway tiles which I think I really like too!

My kitchen is all white with Caesarstone Misty Carrera counters with traditional beaded inset cabinets and stainless steel appliances.

Whole kitchen, iphone pic so I could fit it all (there is also a large pantry room to the right which I will post in the final reveal)
 photo null_zpsd15cd6cc.jpg

photo DSC_3967.jpg

photo kitchenfloor2.jpg

photo kitchenfloor3.jpg

Thanks!! I feel I am finally getting there!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3x6 or 2x8 tile for my kitchen

LOVE the 2x8's. In fact... I love the color of the above tile. Do you mind sharing the manufacturer?

o

Beautiful kitchen, beautiful tile. Love the 2x8s

o

Thank you both! Do you think the 2x8 will make the kitchen look larger?

The tile is:
Suprema gloss brick, color touch of gray.
Hope that helps!

o

Thanks so much. The size and that particular color is perfect. Now I have to try and source it in South Florida.

o

I am in Boston and they are shipping it from California. I am waiting to hear how much shipping is, I guess it will be about the same for you if not less.

o

You did the Misty Carrera? For some reason I thought you did the London Gray? Anyway, I'm still drooling over your tiles :)

o

Wow. Love, love, love the 2x8 tiles. Into my inspiration file they go! I'll be looking for them in Canada.

o

Love your kitchen very pretty. We used 2x8 tiles for a remodel. We used 1x4 tiles over part of the cooktop so we wanted the 2x8 subways. I posted a picture so you can see how they look. But the tile is not grouted yet. Hope the picture helps. Your tiles are so pretty and I really like your counter top.

o

i vote 3x6. i would keep the size more traditional since the color itself is less traditional. 2x8 too contemporary for your kitchen. though both beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here