Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cwlee_gw

help with kitchen design

CWlee
11 years ago

hello everyone! I just bought my first house and this is my first time on gardenweb :), also my first time renovating a kitchen so I would love some advice. My kitchen is posted below. It's 12x16. I plan to move the fridge over to the other side of the wall, bythe window so I can open up the wall to over look the dining room. There's already a window there but I dont' like it, I want it to be more open. In addition, I'm planning to add a center island for workspace and a bar above the sink. My budget is not big, in fact really low so I'm not getting new cabinets as of now, just appliances and paint. However, I'm so torn between an espresso kitchen and an antique white kitchen. There's lighting with the nice bay window so I'm not worried about the room being dark with espresso but I do love the thought off havign a bright antique white kitchen with dark gray/taupe walls. I love both but I'm having trouble picturing which one will look best in my kitchen, with the standard cabinets that I have. Below are a couple pictures of similar kitchen layouts. What are your thoughts, what should I do? Would it even look good with my standard short cabinets? I feel like if I go with white, my kitchen won't be as nice since I don't have custom cabinets. ugh, decisions, decisions! Thanks in advance!

espresso

{{!gwi}}

Antique white/whtie

Comments (7)