Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helsharmar

Help me make hardware decisions.

helsharmar
11 years ago

Our natural cherry cabinets are being installed, and I've chosen everything except the backsplash and hardware. The kitchen is craftsman style, and the faucets and pendant lights will be oil-rubbed bronze, although the finishes don't match exactly. Rejuvenation hardware has some cabinet hardware I like--I'm thinking pyramid knobs for cabinets and pulls for the drawers--and if I get OR bronze, it will match the pendants exactly because that's where we got them. Their OR bronze is very dark, almost black, and very matte. The kitchen also will have a fair amount of stainless steel--range, DW, microwave. Not sure why, but I'm struggling over the hardware finish. When I hold the OR bronze against the cherry, it just doesn't excite me. Maybe it's because it's sooooo matte, with no patina. I'm thinking of maybe going with burnished antique, which looks dark in the center and more brassy toward the edges, but I'm worried about introducing another finish that's nowhere else. And I need to remember that the cherry will darken a bit. Any suggestions? Has anyone else done this and regretted it (or loved it)?

Comments (2)