Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash Starting Today!!!!

Posted by mamasheshe (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 10:31

Can't contain my excitement!! Pics to come.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash Starting Today!!!!

Feeling like this???

Wheeeee

whee pig 1

o

YAY! Cannot wait to see it!

o

Bee, yes! That's exactly how I'm feeling. LOL

o

End of work today. So excited!

o

Love it. Refreshingly different. Vibrant. And oh so cooool.

o

whee whee wheeeeeeeee

whee pig 2

Looking Awesome!

o

Terrific! How exciting to see it going in. Were you able to resist standing behind the tile layer and watching over his/her shoulder all day?

Bee, Love your choice of photos. I normally dislike commercials, but when I heard that one playing I would actually run into the room to watch it, just because the pig was so darn cute.

o

Wow, beautifully Gustave Klimt like. I love it!

o

Gorgeous tile!

o

Wow! That is one fun kitchen!!! Love the colors!!!
I am the unofficial chair of the ABB alumni club and want to officially welcome you to the group.
Bee - don't be too depressed (how could you with the cute picture) - you will be there soon!

o

badgergal- Thank you! In my dreams, people refer to me as "refreshingly different" instead of weird, "vibrant" instead of in denial about my age, and "oh so cool" well, just because.

sanjuan- Love Gustave Klimt! Love the use of color in ways that evoke emotion, especially if the emotion is a mixture of joy and sexiness!

cat_mom - Thank you. I love it.

gemini - Looking forward to officially becoming an alum!!

and of course Bee - Keep the pigs comin'!

o

Gorgeous. So happy for you!

o

Awesome! I think you definitely picked the right pencil color. So pretty!

o

sail-away - No, I sat at the bar pretty much all day and watched. Of course, these guys have been working in my house for 6 weeks, so it's like we're old friends.

secondhalf - Thanks. I'm happy too.

williamsem - I agree. I couldn't have done it without the GW'ers!

o

Wow, you did it! It's gorgeous, totally original, and totally you (I'm guessing, but it has to be...). Congrats, and enjoy your space in the best of health!

o

The backsplash behind your stove is so beautiful I could honestly stare at it all day. It's like looking at a waterfall of color and energy and joy.
Amazing!

o

EAM - Yes! I did it, and I love it, and it IS me, but it's the me at my core, not the me I sometimes feel I have to be on the outside, and that is more than just a beautiful kitchen, that is liberating on a deeper level!

localeater - That's exactly how it makes me feel, and yes, I am wasting time staring at it when I should be folding laundry.

More is going up today. Probably will finish with the tile and then grout tomorrow.

o

Stunningly beautiful, exhilirating, and it makes YOU feel great - what a perfect choice!

o

I absolutely love the Mexican tile - it looks awesome!

I wish I knew how to do tiny type - Did you maybe think about not including the white tile at all? The other tile looks so great, it feels like the white just isn't bringing much to the party...

o

that.is.soooo.cool. congrats! looking forward to soliciting help and opinions on BS soon.

o

I absolutely love it! I'm going to remember this for my next house (10 years from now). Congratulations!

o

Wow! Do you have any closeups of that masterpiece?

o

Gorgeous!!! Is that the fabulous Tierra y Fuego tile I see?????

o

Well! What happened today? Any more pictures?

o

chiefly - appreciate the attempt at tiny type lol. I like the white, but even my 15 yo daughter told me she thought it looked "random."

breezy - closeup attached. There is no lighting over that wall right now, so I get flash glare from my phone, but you get the idea.

annsch - YES!!! Thank you for suggesting it. Both my husband and I had looked at it before, both loved it, but thought the other would not, and so never brought it up until you posted it here and made me revisit it. Funny how things work sometimes.

o

Wow! Aren't you a lucky girl! It looks beautiful! Glad I could be of assistance in some fashion. It's a great choice and so fun to see it in someone's kitchen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here