Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamasheshe

Backsplash Starting Today!!!!

mamasheshe
11 years ago

Can't contain my excitement!! Pics to come.

Comments (26)

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Feeling like this???

Wheeeee

• heidia
    11 years ago

YAY! Cannot wait to see it!

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bee, yes! That's exactly how I'm feeling. LOL

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

End of work today. So excited!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Love it. Refreshingly different. Vibrant. And oh so cooool.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

whee whee wheeeeeeeee

Looking Awesome!

• sail_away
    11 years ago

Terrific! How exciting to see it going in. Were you able to resist standing behind the tile layer and watching over his/her shoulder all day?

Bee, Love your choice of photos. I normally dislike commercials, but when I heard that one playing I would actually run into the room to watch it, just because the pig was so darn cute.

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

Wow, beautifully Gustave Klimt like. I love it!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Gorgeous tile!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Wow! That is one fun kitchen!!! Love the colors!!!
    I am the unofficial chair of the ABB alumni club and want to officially welcome you to the group.
    Bee - don't be too depressed (how could you with the cute picture) - you will be there soon!

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

badgergal- Thank you! In my dreams, people refer to me as "refreshingly different" instead of weird, "vibrant" instead of in denial about my age, and "oh so cool" well, just because.

sanjuan- Love Gustave Klimt! Love the use of color in ways that evoke emotion, especially if the emotion is a mixture of joy and sexiness!

cat_mom - Thank you. I love it.

gemini - Looking forward to officially becoming an alum!!

and of course Bee - Keep the pigs comin'!

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Gorgeous. So happy for you!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Awesome! I think you definitely picked the right pencil color. So pretty!

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

sail-away - No, I sat at the bar pretty much all day and watched. Of course, these guys have been working in my house for 6 weeks, so it's like we're old friends.

secondhalf - Thanks. I'm happy too.

williamsem - I agree. I couldn't have done it without the GW'ers!

• eam44
    11 years ago

Wow, you did it! It's gorgeous, totally original, and totally you (I'm guessing, but it has to be...). Congrats, and enjoy your space in the best of health!

• localeater
    11 years ago

The backsplash behind your stove is so beautiful I could honestly stare at it all day. It's like looking at a waterfall of color and energy and joy.
    Amazing!

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

EAM - Yes! I did it, and I love it, and it IS me, but it's the me at my core, not the me I sometimes feel I have to be on the outside, and that is more than just a beautiful kitchen, that is liberating on a deeper level!

localeater - That's exactly how it makes me feel, and yes, I am wasting time staring at it when I should be folding laundry.

More is going up today. Probably will finish with the tile and then grout tomorrow.

• sqp1015
    11 years ago

Stunningly beautiful, exhilirating, and it makes YOU feel great - what a perfect choice!

• chiefy
    11 years ago

I absolutely love the Mexican tile - it looks awesome!

I wish I knew how to do tiny type - Did you maybe think about not including the white tile at all? The other tile looks so great, it feels like the white just isn't bringing much to the party...

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

that.is.soooo.cool. congrats! looking forward to soliciting help and opinions on BS soon.

• namarie
    11 years ago

I absolutely love it! I'm going to remember this for my next house (10 years from now). Congratulations!

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Wow! Do you have any closeups of that masterpiece?

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!!! Is that the fabulous Tierra y Fuego tile I see?????

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Well! What happened today? Any more pictures?

• mamasheshe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

chiefly - appreciate the attempt at tiny type lol. I like the white, but even my 15 yo daughter told me she thought it looked "random."

breezy - closeup attached. There is no lighting over that wall right now, so I get flash glare from my phone, but you get the idea.

annsch - YES!!! Thank you for suggesting it. Both my husband and I had looked at it before, both loved it, but thought the other would not, and so never brought it up until you posted it here and made me revisit it. Funny how things work sometimes.

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

Wow! Aren't you a lucky girl! It looks beautiful! Glad I could be of assistance in some fashion. It's a great choice and so fun to see it in someone's kitchen!

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert