Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Show me your hardware?

mtnrdredux_gw
13 years ago

Hi everybody,

I'm still looking for interesting cabinet hardware. Country, industrial or traditional. Nothing fussy, nothing too sleek.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (28)

• doonie
    13 years ago

I was worn out by the time it came to hardware selection and went with Top Knobs offered through my GC.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

IKEA Gravyr (satin nickel finish, slight distressing)

• jossfan
    13 years ago

Here are some of the ones we looked at, but drew the line at Restoration Hardware's lovely choices, couldn't face $15 a pull!

Hafele 107.18.353

kitchencabinethardware.com - bungalow

kitchencabinethardware.com - forgings

yourhomesupply.com - providence

yourhomesupply.com - hampton

and here are the Hafeles in action, doing an excellent job:

best of luck!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oooh, i like the Hafele... Thanks

• susanka
    13 years ago

No pic handy, but ours is simple round flat knobs cut from the same granite as the countertops.

• oldhouse1
    13 years ago

I could hardly speak last time after seeing your gorgeous home and property so I was of no help. I'm sending you a link to House of Antique Hardware, They have period reproduction hardware that is to die for and I think it would suit your house perfectly.

Oldhouse

Here is a link that might be useful: House of Antique Hardware

• oldhouse1
    13 years ago

Should have mentioned to make sure you look at the reproduction hardware as well as the period hardware for a larger selection.

Oldhouse

• farmhousegirl
    13 years ago

Mtndredux, How can I view your property? I don't see a link here....Everyone keeps mentioning it and I have not idea how to see it! VanDykes also has some antique repo hardward you might like.

• joanne77a
    13 years ago

Jossfan, lovely. What color are your cabinets?

• marcydc
    13 years ago

"not fussy not sleek" was what I was going for :)

I chose restoration hw's Bistro.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bistro Pull from RH

• pps7
    13 years ago

I choose RH's gilmore knob and aubrey pull. I love it!!!!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody, i got at least 3 new places to look now! Id love to buy antique but you can never find enough...

Farmhouse,i put the link below. Be patient, i had less photos of my first born. I'm not just TKO im THO...

Here is a link that might be useful: House photos

• jossfan
    13 years ago

Joanne, thanks! the cabinets are Fieldstone 'ivory cream', hardware ORB and granite is Volga Blue.

• cbrfd
    13 years ago

Have you looked at Lee Valley. They have a wonderful selection and their prices are very reasonable. You can look at their hardware catalogue online at http://www.leevalley.com/us/Home/OnlineCatalogs.aspx

• jejvtr
    13 years ago

mtn

Congrats on your new space

On GW we call it "cabinet jewelry" not hardware ;)

Link below to Carpe Diem hardware - I happened upon it through this site - after purchasing many, many samples from different sites - well, there was just no turning back -

Here is a link that might be useful: carp diem

• jolsongoude
    13 years ago

Horton Brasses hardware on select hard maple:

Jay

• hamden_mom
    13 years ago

Jolsongoude -- Lovely knobs and pulls. Could you tell us the size and finish of each? Thanks!

• jolsongoude
    13 years ago

hamden_mom,

Bin pulls are BN-3 3" in Satin Nickle finish

Knobs are K-12 1-1/4" in Satin Nickle finish

Link below...

Jay

Here is a link that might be useful: Horton Brasses

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks again, everyone.

Lots of great new places to search ... And I thought I'd seen everything after going through 1,574 matches on homeportfolio.com!

• countrydi
    13 years ago

Thank you for mentioning Lee Valley. Never would have thought of them, but wow!

Since I had trouble making my way through their online catalog (handles, pulls, and knobs are found in Kitchen, Furniture, and lots of other sections), I thought I'd post the most helpful starting place I found ... until the paper version arrives.

It's the Collections and Suites section. At least for handle/knob combinations, it was a major help to me.

Plus, where else can you find casket hardware and handles alongside kitchen cabinet handles?!?!?

Here is a link that might be useful: Lee Valley - Hardware - Collections and Suites

• segbrown
    13 years ago

Amerock has an interesting industrial-ish line; we didn't end up using it because of size issues, but I liked them, and they were well priced:

Here is a link that might be useful: rochdale by amerock

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

I just have simple bronze mushroom knobs from Van Dykes Restorers for most of my cabinets and drawers:

Also from Van Dykes--my bow pulls for the refrigerator/freezer drawers:

My splurge hardware--these bronze and teak handles for my french door fridge from Gado Gado's clearance section:

• segbrown
    13 years ago

Be still my heart ... those appliance pulls make we want to completely redo my kitchen again!

• shannon319
    13 years ago

Jossfan,

I really like the simplicity of the hafele pulls...but are the ORB colors more of a brownish, uniform color or are do they have to orangish undertones showing through? I'm really trying to stay away from that orange-y color. Thanks!
    Shannon

• jossfan
    13 years ago

hmmmm. i still have the sample handle from the GC, which is more worn than our newly installed ones, and it does indeed have gold/orangey undertones. could be over time, ours will look similar. i ordered my larger drawer pulls directly from Hafele; you can buy singles, they had good customer service and quick delivery. (GC had given me runaround on adding 6 larger pulls to my order, so i did it myself.)

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

SEgbrown--You are funny!

Honeychurch--LOL I agree with Segbrown! Is your kitchen on the FKBlog?

Jolson--cabinets & Horton Brasses hardware look great! I have HB in my kitchen, too.

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

Thanks segbrown and sabjimata--I haven't posted my finished kitchen yet as it is not finished--still need some doors and finishing on windows...

I always like the hardware threads, as someone once said "It is the jewelry of the kitchen" and I love seeing how everyone dresses themselves up!