Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
under cabinet lighting

Posted by LisaJD (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 10:17

I was planning on doing Seagul Xenon under cabinet track lighting in my ktichen renovation. I have two issues. The first is that the space under my cabinet is just shy of 3/4 " and I think the lighting might show. Any suggestions? LED seems very expensive. Is there a lower profile xenon track lighting system available?
Also, are xenon lights available for direct line wiring or do they all require a transformer? Our renovation is already under way and it would be easier to do lighting that is not in need of a transformer. I am open to ideas for other kinds of lighting besides Xenon track lighting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: under cabinet lighting

The typical answer is moldings which are topics on these and lighting forums.
I use JUNO T12, electronic transformers and corresponding dimmers.

o
RE: under cabinet lighting

LED UCL need not be expensive. See the link below for details on our installation. It ended up far better than the Xenon UCL in our last kitchen. The light is better distributed (not pools of light), no hot lights, and uses far less electricity.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our UCL Install

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here