Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sprice5105

finished kitchen, cream cabinets with butcher block counters

sprice5105
15 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I finally got pictures of my kitchen.

The cabinets were made by a local cabinet maker and painted SW Creamy. The counter tops are cherry butcher block from Lumber Liquidators. I have only put mineral oil on them but plan to use waterlox when I have some time during vacation.

Walls - SW Blonde

Backsplash tile - Daltile discontinued

Sink - Blanco Silgranit

Faucet - Danze Opulence in black

Appliances are Frigidaire except the Refrigerator which is Whirlpool

Floors - Brazilian Cherry

I think that is all of the products you might want to know about.

{{gwi:1504342}}

{{gwi:1504343}}

{{gwi:1504344}}

{{gwi:1504345}}

{{gwi:1504346}}

{{gwi:1504347}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1504348}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1504349}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1504350}}

{{gwi:1504351}}

{{gwi:1504352}}

Comments (21)

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

OMG, I have the table and chairs that are an exact match to your barstools. I bought mine from Craig's List, so I didn't know where to buy matching barstools. Where did you buy yours? Thanks!

Your wood counters are BEAUTIFUL as well as your whole kitchen!

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

What a faboulous kitchen!! I love the countertops (which is what I was going to use if my budget didn't let me have the granite I wanted). I also love the pantry door. I think I need to get one of those! Where did it come from?

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Your kitchen is lovely. Really like the wood countertops and your backsplash. SW Creamy is a nice white on cabinets. Great job.

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

What a bright and cheery kitchen! Countertops are beautiful and they look great with your creamy cabs!

• sprice5105
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much!

The bar stools came from Havertys but we got them several years ago. I have seen some similar to them more recently at Bassett.

I got the pantry door from a local guy I bought all my doors from but they have very similar ones at Lowes and Home Depot.

• victoriajane
    15 years ago

Sprice, your kitchen is beautiful. I absolutely love your butcher block countertops. Also, we are planning on the danze opulence faucet as well (the two handle version) although we're not sure about the finish yet - it's between the oil rubbed bronze and the black. How do you like the black and is it a good faucet in general?

• katmandu_2008
    15 years ago

It is beautiful! So cheerful and bright, I love it. Well done!

• crescent50
    15 years ago

Great kitchen- I love the wood countertops and recognize the
    pretty southern living accents:)
    Where did you get your lights? Is that finish black too?

Enjoy it!

• sprice5105
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Victoriajane -
    We love the faucet! I was a little worried because it was a brand I wasn't familiar with and I bought it from the internet but it is a great faucet. Very solid and heavy and operates very smoothly.

I also love the black finish. It is a very rich, matte finish. I was going to get the ORB but the Danze ORB just had too much red in it.

Crescent50 - I got the lights from a local company but I can not remember what brand they are. Yes, that finish is black also which I had a hard time finding. It seems like most of the dark finishes are ORB.

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

I just love your kitchen so much! What brand are your beautiful Brazilian Cherry hardwood floors that have such a rich gorgeous color that I love? I love your wood counters and the wall color that really adds to the creamy white cabinets and the beautiful stainless steel appliances. I also love the black finish on the faucet and the handles on the cabinet doors that goes so well with the Iron Table Chairs in the kitchen. finally I love the counter chairs.

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

Oooooh I love love love the look! You brought everything together so beautifully!

It looks comfy, casual, & yet with a simple elegance all at the same time. Very very nice :)

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Sprice5105, I love the backsplash tile. I now really feel that tile behind my kitchen counters will enhance my kitchen as well as being easier to keep clean. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pics of your kitchen.

• november
    15 years ago

Your kitchen is so pretty! The counters are gorgeous, and I love the backsplash tile - I'm sorry to hear it's discontinued. Our kitchen was finished almost a year ago and we still haven't done a backsplash...

One word of caution - check into whether you can do waterlox after doing mineral oil. We have a butcher block island top which we use oil on, and my GC told me you couldn't do a poly-type finish after you use oil. So check with someone before you do it.

• annes_arbor
    15 years ago

What a lovely kitchen. The cabinets look beautifully made--great details. I agree with everyone here that the counters are gorgeous. Also, I love that bunny sitting above the books!

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

I LOVE your kitchen! It's uncanny how similar your layout is to my old layout. It didn't work for us because we have 3 kids and a 104lb dog. Where your bar area angles, we tore it out and made it straight. But yours is SOOO much prettier than mine was. I had cheap white builder's grade laminate cabs and I thought I hated white cabinets but have since realized (especially since seeing YOUR kitchen)that I LOVE white cabinets, I just didn't love MY white cabinets! YOUR kitchen makes me want to settle in for a cup of coffee and a nice conversation.

Enjoy it!
    Robin

• sweetd313
    15 years ago

Wow! Job well done! Enjoy!

• beachbum
    15 years ago

Looks great! I particularly like your countertops. They look fantastic and really make the look.

• jessie21
    15 years ago

I love your kitchen! You've done a fantastic job. And the accessories you've chosen are the icing on your beautiful cake.

congrats.

• sprice5105
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. I got so many good tips from this forum.

The biggest tip I got here was to use mostly drawers in the bottom. I was worried at first but my gosh, it is fantastic! I can't believe everyone that does a new kitchen doesn't do this. Everything is so accessible and you actually have more storage. In fact, I have so much storage I still have drawers that don't have anything in them yet. And this isn't a huge kitchen, I think it is 11' x 12' or so.

Lynn, I answered you question about the hard wood on the post in the decorating forum where I posted pics of the rest of my house. The floors are by Shaw, 5" plank engineered, satin finish. The color change hasn't been dramatic, just gives them a richer color. Easy to care for so far.

Thanks for the thought on sealing after oiling. I was planning to sand them down first but I will definitely check and see if it will work.

• artielange
    15 years ago

Wow, I love your kitchen. Can you please tell me how the countertops feel to your hand? Can you feel the variances in the wood or is it a level surface? Thanks

• starpooh
    15 years ago

hi sprice5105 ~
    May I archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog? If so please submit the FKB Category Checklist so I can categorize your kitchen.
    Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist