Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inspector delays!!

Posted by bluetea57 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 12 at 10:06

Hi all, I have greatly enjoyed reading the posts here and have learned a lot..now I just need to vent.
We have been planning our kitchen rehab for months, and have everything bought and on site. We hoped to have the major stuff done in two weeks, but having the inspectors not show up has really thrown a monkey wrench into the works!!
Plumbing inspector was suppose to come on Thurs, didn't make it..town hall closed on Friday..there goes the weekend! Now we have a hurricane..town hall closed again..so no plumbing inspector...no electrical inspection and no insulation inspection! I know they have 72 hours to get here and inspect..but if they don't get here by Thursday ..then there goes another weekend with the walls open!
Know you can't do anything about this..thanks for letting me vent!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inspector delays!!

Wow, that sounds really frustrating! I haven't started on our remodel yet, but I know there'll be plenty of these kinds of glitches, and I'm not looking forward to it. Stay safe, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get to you soon!

o

I know that's super frustrating - kind of like telling a kid Christmas has been postponed for a few days. On the other hand, I hope the various inspectors came through the storm well and safe and ready for City Hall to resume business. With any luck there won't be a ton of storm damage in your area which will add to their work loads.

o

Thanks for the good thoughts! One inspector arrived on Tuesday, one on Wed, and one on Thurs..We actually have walls going up! Yeah!! I like the Christmas analogy..so true, after so many months of planning, and living in a house full of new kitchen "stuff" (EVERYWHERE), each delay seems to be "forever". I hope to see cabinets go up this weekend..keep your fingers crossed for me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here