Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avettfan

Typhoon Bordeaux - too much yellow?

avettfan
13 years ago

Hello,

I've been reading this forum for a while now and have learned a lot - thanks. My husband and I ripped out our entire kitchen a couple months ago and are now just starting to put in the cabinets. Picking out granite was the first thing I did. I fell in love with this Typhoon Bordeaux because of the colors and movement. Its got some cream in it, deep red/brown and some yellow. I like yellow but I want to get others opinions on if there is too much yellow. We have cherry cabinets (picture included from showroom - not our kitchen).

The pictures aren't the best. I hope they are big enough too actually see the colors. I have seen the entire slab - I just don't have a complete picture.

Thanks for your help.

Here is a link that might be useful: granite pics

Comments (13)

• cpartist
    13 years ago

I too fell in love with typhoon Bordeaux for my kitchen and just had it installed with my cherry cabinets. Mine has a lot more yellow/rust in it than yours. I must say it looks spectacular in the room. I picked a neutral backsplash color (Jeffrey court Irish ice donegal subway tiles) and it is pulling whole room together. sorry I don't have pictures yet.

• bostonpam
    13 years ago

From the computer screen it doesn't look like much yellow. I have TB and it can vary tremendously from lot to lot. If you're not in love with THIS slab, look for another. Also, if a portion of it doesn't appeal to you you may be able to work out that part. Personally I didn't like the TB slabs with a lot of yellow and had to look around. I also have cherry cabinets. Here's a pic of my TB - different from yours

• scrapbookheaven
    13 years ago

If you like the way that the slabs match your cabinets, and you love the color variation in the slabs, then the match should be fine.

• diychicken
    13 years ago

I think they look beautiful! Combined with the cherry cabinets, it will look so warm and rich. I think they are a great choice!

• avettfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your responses. I am in love with my slabs. Just getting cold feet I guess as templating is next week. Its such a big purchase - I want to make sure its perfect. I did look at several other Typhoon Bordeaux slabs. One had no yellow but a lot of black specs and the other was really gold, yellow which I didn't like.

How are you putting pictures right in the message? I couldn't figure out how to do this?

• allie22031
    13 years ago

I have crema bordeaux (and bossa Nova) and it might be more what you are looking for.

• Shira S
    13 years ago

I think its beautiful.

• hilarymontville
    13 years ago

I also went with typhoon bordeaux and cherry cabinets. I wanted less yellow and more bordeaux for my slab -- searched around a long time to find the exact slabs I wanted. Don't settle. There really is quite a bit of variation in the slabs I saw. Have not posted pictures yet since we're not quite done, but is a picture of my granite and a shot that shows the cabinets as well. Just ignore the rest of the clutter.

• avettfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hilarymontville - your kitchen is gorgeous! I can't wait to see more pictures when its done. We also decided to go with darker pulls/knobs. Can I ask where yours are from?

• hilarymontville
    13 years ago

@avettfan -- my pulls and knobs are orb from amerock. (disclaimer -- the chrome ones are there because my order got screwed up and they only sent half the order. cabinet installer put them in so I had something. they will be changed out as soon as they arrive at the house.) Thanks for the compliment.

• kathylquiltz
    13 years ago

wow! I didn't even notice it wasn't finished until I looked a second time. That's beautiful!

• bigdoglover
    13 years ago

My niece got typhoon bordeaux with cherry cabinets and my goodness does it ever look fabulous (and I'm a white cabinet fan). She has light pergo flooring. The whole thing goes together so beautifully. I think it will be wonderful.

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Avettfan,

OOOOOOoooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE your slabs. They do
    not look too yellow to me. They look stunning. It probably
    looks yellow because of the lighting at the granite
    yard. Once in your home it will be beautiful with Cherry.
    And the movement is just gorgeous.

~boxerpups